Cars ride breaking down at Disney's California adventure

Did anyone hear about the Cars ride breaking down at Disney's California adventure?
It went down a bit earlier today, which caused the crowds to flock towards Mission Breakout. Although it looks like RSR is back up but standby line is 75 minutes and Mission Breakout is 65 minutes currently.

Every ride breaks down from time to time. Even webslingers and rise of the resistance. Ive been on cars when it broke down before took like 30 minutes to get off the :(

I was evacuated off it yesterday afternoon also. Worked out well as I was almost to the unloading area and still got a return FP for later. ;)

Pretty much daily occurrence, you easily tell when other attraction wait times sky rocket from all the guests exiting RSR (or whatever major attraction is down).

The "breakdowns" might not be mechanical issues. There are many sensors around the track that will cause an automatic shutdown when tripped.

Most "breakdowns" are due to guests. The majority of down times on ROTR is guests losing items on the ride and it lands on the "track". Same for Cars. Someone loses a hat and it lands on the slot. Indiana Jones - Well, it just breaks down.......

Several years ago, my daughter's Minnie ears fell off when we were on Buzz and they landed somewhere under the track, which ended up shutting the ride immediately down for a bit. I felt bad to mess things up for other guests and my daughter was upset to lose her ears. So if anyone here was on Buzz when it broke down a few years ago, I want to send my apologies, lol! :flower3:

Several years ago, my daughter's Minnie ears fell off when we were on Buzz and they landed somewhere under the track, which ended up shutting the ride immediately down for a bit. I felt bad to mess things up for other guests and my daughter was upset to lose her ears. So if anyone here was on Buzz when it broke down a few years ago, I want to send my apologies, lol! :flower3:

When you lose something like this, go to City Hall and tell them your story. Often they will give you a replacement at no charge. Found that out when we lost my sons hat on Pirates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter