Cars broken into

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're asking the wrong person about the "no firearm allowed in your vehicle" part. I was simply addressing the part about leaving it with security at the parks.

If having one in your vehicle is also banned, I'll just have to take my chances.
Sorry. I quoted the wrong person. I meant to ask the poster who said you would be banned for life if you brought one on property, even in your car where that info came from. My apologies.

This is incorrect. Disney bans you from carrying them, but you are welcome to lock them up at the Security office of each park, or in a safe deposit box at the front desk of your resort.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/walt-disney-world-resorts-concealed-carry-policies/

You are incorrect. That is outdated information from a nine-year-old blog post. Disney changed its firearm policy in 2016 to completely forbid firearms on property. The change included canceling the ability of guests to check their firearms anywhere on property. As I said, not in your bag, not in your room, not in your car, nowhere at all.

Can we get this back on topic, please? Thefts from cars in resort parking lots. Have the gun control debate someplace else.

I don't see how discussing Disney's safety policy is a "gun control debate"? OP opened the thread with a discussion of firearms that could potentially be stolen from cars on property, and I noted that having them on property is against Disney's stated policy. That's not a political debate. That's talking about with Disney says we can and cannot do while we're there.

I don't see how discussing Disney's safety policy is a "gun control debate"? OP opened the thread with a discussion of firearms that could potentially be stolen from cars on property, and I noted that having them on property is against Disney's stated policy. That's not a political debate. That's talking about with Disney says we can and cannot do while we're there.

That kind of information isn't a gun control debate. Other posts were.

Guns? Commonly left in cars? Good grief if that's true am I naive to be shocked by that?
My DH is a retired cop and he's licensed to carry a gun in NYC (he can't bring it out of state so he'd never have it on a trip to WDW) but even so he would never leave his gun in the car for the exact reason that someone could break in and steal it.

When we drove from NJ we would take XH's gun. We would lock it in the safe in our room. We never let the front desk know. And we would NEVER leave it in the car.

For those interested. I sent an e-mail to Disney asking about their firearms policy. The response I got was exactly the same as the one in the link I posted earlier that I was told was outdated. Apparently it is not. You can still lock up a firearm with park security or the front desk of your resort.

Dear Joy,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

It may interest you to know we have a strict policy regarding firearms.

Our policy is that no guns are permitted in our Theme Parks or Resorts.

If a Resort Guest brings one on property, it needs to be locked up in the safe deposit boxes at the front desk, not in a room safe.

If Guests visiting our Theme Parks bring in firearms, it needs either to be left in their vehicle or checked in with security when entering the Park.

Only on-duty law enforcement officers whose agency has jurisdiction at the Walt Disney World® Resort may carry any weapon.

Sincerely,

Matthew Marach
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

I did some Googling and can't find where Disney says you will be banned if you even have one in your car. Do you have a link I could look at? My DH is in law enforcement and he doesn't travel without a firearm, so I just want to make sure what we are setting ourselves up for if we get "caught" with one in our car. I just e-mailed Disney and asked them - hopefully I will get a quick reply from Disney.
I am LEO as well. Leave my gun in the room safe deposit box. Not allowed to carry in the parks.

You are incorrect. That is outdated information from a nine-year-old blog post. Disney changed its firearm policy in 2016 to completely forbid firearms on property. The change included canceling the ability of guests to check their firearms anywhere on property. As I said, not in your bag, not in your room, not in your car, nowhere at all.

Could you provide your source please? That contradicts up to date information given a few posts below yours. (#49)

This is incorrect.

I don't know if it's more amusing that someone still carries an independent GPS unit in his car or that the thieves didn't even bother with taking it.

Haha I sometimes use an independent GPS unit even though I have a built-in GPS in the car! Actually I only bring it when I'm going hiking or camping. My car GPS doesn't take coordinates (and most hiking trails don't have an address!) and my cell phone GPS is unreliable if I don't have service (which can happen for hours when I'm driving somewhere to hike/camp).

Firearms are forbidden to be brought onto WDW property by guests. Only law enforcement are allowed to be in possession of firearms, including at the resorts. It's a strict policy and it doesn't matter if it's in your bag, your room, or your car. If it is in your car and it gets stolen, when you report the theft you may end up banned from WDW for life for having a gun on property in the first place.
Again, not true.

My DH is a retired cop and he's licensed to carry a gun in NYC (he can't bring it out of state so he'd never have it on a trip to WDW) but even so he would never leave his gun in the car for the exact reason that someone could break in and steal it.
They make gun safes that can go in your car. The gun is locked in the safe and the safe is linked to the car. You can find them anywhere you can buy gun safes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter