Carousel of Progress

I would hate to see the permanent closing of COP !!!

And I'm just wondering . . . . don't I remember that at one time, the COP at Disneyland changed the show in this building to one that had singing frogs or something?? Can't remember the exact name of the show, but it seems to me that it was around the time of the Bi-centennial. Am I crazy??

My family really enjoys COP. I was amazed at my youngest who was about 4 at the time, it was probably a day or two after getting back from WDW I heard her singing a song, it was "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" I was amazed that she actually remembered it. She was singing word for word not just humming it. We just love the ride.

I think the ride is tucked away and some may not notice it as much as they do other rides. Some rides are easier to spot than others. Plus it's not a "thrill" ride so the "teen" type are not interested. It's easy to go from Buzz to Space Mountain or Alien without noticing COP at all.

If the ride is worn out, which I'm sure it is, with all Disney's money and innovations I'm sure they could come up with a way of salvaging the ride without compromising it.

I have to say with all the rides that come and go those guys at Disney CAN NOT get rid of this ride. If I know my Disney, this ride was a favorite of Mr. Walt Disney himself. If they keep getting rid of the rides and replacing them then there will be less and less of the wonderful man who started it all and that would be unthinkable. Could you imagine walking down main street without the vivid image of Mr. Disney in your mind? I couldn't! Why celebrate a man know one remembers and if you remember why not preserve the ideas that started it all. They are what built this great attraction to begin with.

Gone Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter