CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Heald announced that Cucina Italian would be included, no up charge, for both lunch and dinner on Mardi Gras. Also, a bunch of the specialty restaurants will be serving an included breakfast. They’re really trying to get people spread out all over the ship instead of everyone eating at the Lido buffet.

It looks like the BBQ place will be offering a complementary dinner each night as well. Really liking these expanded offerings!

Did I understand correctly: no reservations are needed?

From what I understand, the BBQ place is no reservations needed. Chibang & Cucina you can book reservations via the HUB app if you have YTD. If you have assigned dining, you have to go to the restaurant once you board. I don't know if it's only for day-of seating or you can book days in advance.

From what I understand, the BBQ place is no reservations needed. Chibang & Cucina you can book reservations via the HUB app if you have YTD. If you have assigned dining, you have to go to the restaurant once you board. I don't know if it's only for day-of seating or you can book days in advance.
Ok well... I don't have YTD yet but I can fix that. :P

YTB is the best, we love it. If you find a team you like you can request them on following nights. If they have tables available, they’ll put you in their section.

We have tried YTD (just my husband and I) before but I didn’t know you could request the same team if you liked them. Good to know.

During our family cruises, we got hooked to having the same team (probably because we had a good experience)... But this new concept with Mardi Gras I love and I wish it was on all cruises.

I changed our booking to YTD last night. :D

I always look at the port hours to decide on YTD or set, I think my next cruises on Carnival are all YTD, I do like their new process where you can check in with the app instead of standing in line, and yes, we had it for one cruise and were able to request the same team, which was great. I also like their set up for before the cruise, you can easily change things like your dining time or how you want your room set up (I travel with my son, separate those beds please!). RCL is a PITA, have to email people about dining times. Now I just have to wait for them to sort out the "are you really vaccinated?" stuff for mixed vaccines and I'll be able to get excited! Before December for RCL and April/May-ish for Carnival, we cruise Carnival Magic to Bermuda in August next year. I had to push our Mardi Gras to December 2023... which is sooooo far away. I may need to figure out how to get on that ship sooner. The videos John Heald has been posting just look so nice.

I’m so disappointed in the Port Canaveral Webcam, they aren’t showing Mardi Gras, just the Disney Fantasy. I’d do anything to be on Mardi Gras today!

I think they were showing Mardi Gras about an hour ago. I've seen footage. :)

By the way, apparently Grand Turk is being removed from Mardi Gras' itineraries right now because the dock can't handle it. Some have seen GT changed for Nassau and are not happy.

I’m so disappointed in the Port Canaveral Webcam, they aren’t showing Mardi Gras, just the Disney Fantasy. I’d do anything to be on Mardi Gras today!

I think they were showing Mardi Gras about an hour ago. I've seen footage. :)

By the way, apparently Grand Turk is being removed from Mardi Gras' itineraries right now because the dock can't handle it. Some have seen GT changed for Nassau and are not happy.

The videos of Mardi Gras are so nice, what a lovely ship! Looks like the Bolt is $15 a ride? Not sure if I read that right, if anyone knows/sees please let me know. I won't be on her until 2023 at this rate but I want to be prepared :) We have to ride it at least once!

The videos of Mardi Gras are so nice, what a lovely ship! Looks like the Bolt is $15 a ride? Not sure if I read that right, if anyone knows/sees please let me know. I won't be on her until 2023 at this rate but I want to be prepared :) We have to ride it at least once!

You read it correctly. I just happened to be googling the ride yesterday and watching some videos. I was surprised to see that they were charging $15 pp for the ride. You go around two times. I don’t remember paying extra on DCL for their Aqua coaster. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Bolt

Yes, 15$. I personally feel like it's a bit overpriced for what it is... But once I'm there... Who knows.

Yes, 15$. I personally feel like it's a bit overpriced for what it is... But once I'm there... Who knows.

I imagine we'll ride it once to say we've done it. Perhaps the price/cost will limit riders? Though there are probably a lot of people with big on board credit accounts from cancelled cruises who may not care.

I'm super jealous of those getting to board the Mardi Gras today, we were supposed to be on her this past March :( Watched some of the boarding videos, looks like such an amazing ship! Hoping to try again for 2023 since we already have trips booked for 2022 (that better happen or I'll punch someone!)

Can hardly wait to board her next year, we’ve got $1200 in onboard credit so will definitely be doing Bolt and specialty dining. You can tell they’re really trying to spread people out all over the ship, food venues are everywhere. We were all talking today wishing we were on her, if my wife wasn’t already back teaching, we would’ve been.

The number of food venues serving breakfast is crazy! Even Guys and the Chicken place. Sounds like a lot of choices for meals. Better pack stretchy pants :D

We tend to go back to the dining room more often when we like our servers… YTD will make us feel less guilty. I think we won’t spend as much time in the dining room or the buffet. Lol

Can hardly wait to board her next year, we’ve got $1200 in onboard credit so will definitely be doing Bolt and specialty dining. You can tell they’re really trying to spread people out all over the ship, food venues are everywhere. We were all talking today wishing we were on her, if my wife wasn’t already back teaching, we would’ve been.
I just saw a video of the ship on you tube. Sure does look gorgeous. When do you sail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter