• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carnation Cafe - PB&J

akline

Mouseketeer
Someone just told me we had to try the Carnation Cafe and ordet the PB&J for our daughter. Anyone had this ... and know why it's so special? All I heard was that it comes with different toppings ..

Havent ordered it (we usually go to Carnation for breakfast). But, here is a description:
Peanut Butter Painter’s Pallet
Create your favorite peanut butter sandwich from a pallet of colorful
choices: grape jelly, marshmallows, raisins and banana.
Served with fresh fruit and a beverage
$5.99

hlbtimes2 said:
Havent ordered it (we usually go to Carnation for breakfast). But, here is a description:
Peanut Butter Painter’s Pallet
Create your favorite peanut butter sandwich from a pallet of colorful
choices: grape jelly, marshmallows, raisins and banana.
Served with fresh fruit and a beverage
$5.99

It comes on a very cute 'plate' more like a painters pallet.
The above description is very accurate. My kids love it as they have options to make the sandwich and/or eat the toppings seperately. Drinks are also refillable there which is a plus.

It is really unique and an attractive presentation. I will admit that we had three kids on our last trip that had it and they all had stomach aches afterward. I think the idea is that kids pick and choose toppings, but they couldn't resist and made sandwiches they didn't even like from using ALL the toppings and were groaning afterwards!! I still recommend it though because it's really unusual and the kids do have fun creating the sandwich...

Although my daughter doesn't eat much of hers when we get it for her, it does keep her entertained, and quiet. That's worth every penny!

Pir8girl said:
Cute idea! Do they only do this with peanut butter? DS is allergic :(

I am willing to bet they can do something to substitute the pb. That is a common problem today and Disneyland is so good about accomodating special dietary needs. Maybe just butter or even some cheese to go with the jelley and other condiments. It is so cute it would be shame for your son to miss out on such a unique lunch!

I've always wanted my son to order it, but he stays away from peanut butter. He was allergic as a baby, and although he outgrew it, he still doesn't want any. (Except when chocolate candy is involved!)

I've never even thought about asking for a substitution. I know DL is so accomodating, I'm sure there's something they would do, maybe just extra jelly or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter