• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carnation Breakfast

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the carnation character breakfast at DL. What are your pros and cons?

I recently ate there for the first time, and I must say that the food was a bit disappointing (not to mention a bit pricey). I'm not sure what happend, but everything I ate tasted extremley dry and had a bit of a strange after taste. Maybe it's just me. Loved the character interaction though and had a blast taking pics with them. I think it's fun for kids too since they get to have fun with all the characters. :goodvibes

Carnation is a regular breakfast and is located on the left side of Main Street midway between Town Square and the Hub.

Plaza Inn where the character breakfast is on the right hand side of the hub.

I eat at the Carnation every Sunday so I know there are not any characters at that restaurant. If you decide to dine at Carnation ask for Troy or Bob and tell them judimouse sent you.

I'm guessing, as the others have pointed out, that you are talking about the character meal at the plaza.

PRO's: its in the park! Nothing beats seeing characters in the park and starting the day that way.
mix of characters
no need to waste time leaving the park
buffet, so there are lots of choices

CON's: it is a buffet, some people dont care for that
Dont know which characters you will see, other then Minnie
Hours are limited, cant go before EE
No lunch/dinner

We have done breakfast there a couple of times, back when it was Pooh and friends. We always had a great time. You have to keep in mind that they price you are paying isnt so much for the food, but for the experience/ interaction with characters. On our last trip, in Oct, we tried Goofy's because of the great reviews. We were really disappointed. Our interaction with characters wasnt great. The food was not as good as I expected (based on reviews). We are going next month and will eat at the plaza. I might take my dd to Ariels for lunch, but my 4 year old son has no interest in the princesses.

eatmypixiedust said:
I'm not sure what happend, but everything I ate tasted extremley dry and had a bit of a strange after taste. Maybe it's just me.

honestly I think it may have just been your tastebuds that day...everytime I go to DL I go to the Plaza Inn for breakfast and I love the food::yes::

I don't think I'll be dining there again any time soon. The characters were great and all but it was just the food. Everything I had was either cold or dry. Just didn't taste good. I still have yet to try Goofy's Kitchen....haven't gone there yet.

judimouse said:
If you decide to dine at Carnation ask for Troy or Bob and tell them judimouse sent you.
We got Bob for the first time when we went for breakfast back in January. He's one of the sweetest waiters you can get and, having been with Disney for 30 years, he'll tell you some great stories! We've also gotten Randy as our waiter and he's just as awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter