• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caring for giants tour at AK

Has anyone had any luck signing up for this tour either the same day or calling and getting a reservation the day before? We will be there in less than two weeks (eekkkkk - so excited) and in addition to DH and me, we are taking my mom and MIL. I don’t want to book a tour until we see how they do with the walking and the heat plus getting to see everything that is at the top of their list. Not sure if these tours regularly sell out???

When we went about 2 weeks ago we were signed up for the 3pm tour which I made in advance. When we got to AK around 1pm the weather had predicted bad weather around 3ish. We walked to the sign in desk for the tour and asked about the weather - I knew there was a 1:30pm tour but didn't know if it was booked. They said if you want to you can take the 1:30pm tour. No one had signed up for it so she said you can have your own private tour. So we did - we are a family of 6 and we had a great time. So I believe you could sign up the day before without a problem. For this tour there is little to no walking. You walk backstage to the van, then they drive you to the viewing area and drive you back when it is over. I am sure they will be fine. Enjoy.

Has anyone had any luck signing up for this tour either the same day or calling and getting a reservation the day before? We will be there in less than two weeks (eekkkkk - so excited) and in addition to DH and me, we are taking my mom and MIL. I don’t want to book a tour until we see how they do with the walking and the heat plus getting to see everything that is at the top of their list. Not sure if these tours regularly sell out???

When went in April we had no problems getting in last minute. We called late in the afternoon and were offered slots for both the behind the scene safari & caring for elephants for the next day. We ended up doing both but on separate days.

Follow the steps that Angie gave, but you can't add an avatar until at least 10 posts/replies. :)

Thank you very much. have been offline for a couple of days, so please excuse the delay in replying to msgs. Tis grand to hear from Fellow Travelers. Tis really becoming a reality.. sooooo exciting!!

When we went about 2 weeks ago we were signed up for the 3pm tour which I made in advance. When we got to AK around 1pm the weather had predicted bad weather around 3ish. We walked to the sign in desk for the tour and asked about the weather - I knew there was a 1:30pm tour but didn't know if it was booked. They said if you want to you can take the 1:30pm tour. No one had signed up for it so she said you can have your own private tour. So we did - we are a family of 6 and we had a great time. So I believe you could sign up the day before without a problem. For this tour there is little to no walking. You walk backstage to the van, then they drive you to the viewing area and drive you back when it is over. I am sure they will be fine. Enjoy.

That is is truly awesome. Will definitely have to make sure to inquire of Events if needed. Thank you everyone for being so helpful & nice about it.! :love::dogdance::eeyore::tinker:::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

:welcome: to DISboards!

And congratulations on your anniversary, birthday, and your health!
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Ahh Thank you so very much, am looking forward to this, but am a wee bit nervous having never been. Am just so hoping the room is all that it is 'cracked up to be'.. hehe :eeyore::tinker:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter