• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach--Which Building?

Sue718

Living for vacation!
I am heading to CBR is Sept. I requested Building 45, Jamaica- based on some other reviews. I have a 3 year old going, so we want to be near a playground...
I was thinking that being too close to the Food Court may be too loud, now I am not so sure???

Suggestions???:confused:

Thanks!!

--Sue

Sue718 - Thanks for this post!!! I'm also going for my first stay at CBR this summer, and am also wondering what would be a good location to stay. We'll be traveling with a 5 and 2 year old!!!

We stayed in room 4551 at Jamaica last June and it was a waterview room. Right around the corner was the ice machine. Right around the same corner were the stairs right down to the quiet pool and the nice laundry. Right down the other side stairs was the beach and playground area with the wonderful hammocks! We just loved it! The view off the second floor walkway and out our window of the lake was gorgeous. I liked walking out onto the "porch" and leaning against the railing with my morning glass of milk. I would breath in the humid Florida morning air and admire the wet white beach sand and the dew glistening on the freshly cut blades of grass. The view of the Parrot Cay island was great. I would say the walk to the main pool (which we only went to once, for some reason it was cold...they probably just cleaned it the week before and refilled it or something because the quiet pool was super warm) and the cafe area wasn't a big deal. It's not thirty seconds away, probably about a five minute walk. No biggie though. The food was good, just as I expected. I would highly recommend the water view just so you don't get stuck overlooking a parking lot or a pool. I don't know why we call them "quiet" pools (although I just carried on the myth above) since ours was far from it most of the time we were there. Of course, my DD5 added to the noise with her banzai screaming jumps into the water....
If you stay in building 45, you'll really like how close you are to the bus stop. It's the first picking up and the first dropping off!

I don't think Old Port Royale is noisy. No matter where you stay in CBR you are never far from a sandy beach. I have never had a bad room and I have stayed at CBR more times than I care to admit in the last 8 years. The parking lot is screened so you never get a true parking lot view.

We stayed in Jamaica 44 last time. We felt it was the perfect location for us. Another big perk as far as we were concerned was that we were most often the first bus stop, comming and going from the parks! Enjoy your stay:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc .

We just returned from a week stay at the CBR. We were in Room 2631 (Martinique 26) and we loved it! I have a 6 year old and we travelled with my sisters and their families (kids ranging in age from 19 months to 4 yo), so we wanted a building close to the OPR and the bus stop. Martinique 26 fit the bill perfectly. We were only 200 steps away from the food court and the bus stop. We rarely heard anyone outside of our own group (lol) and the building's central location was great. We had easy access to everything. I'd highly recommend requesting any building in Martinique. Have a fabulous trip! DU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter