Caribbean Beach vs Wilderness Lodge in April?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at both? Deciding between a standard view at WL and a water view 5th sleeper at Caribbean Beach. We don't need the 5th sleeper. We stayed at Caribbean in 2021 and loved it. Is Wilderness Lodge standard worth $800 more for a week long trip? 5 park days without hoppers and 1 water park day. Not using deluxe evening hours. Anyone stay at both recently and have strong feelings about either?

Has anyone stayed at both? Deciding between a standard view at WL and a water view 5th sleeper at Caribbean Beach. We don't need the 5th sleeper. We stayed at Caribbean in 2021 and loved it. Is Wilderness Lodge standard worth $800 more for a week long trip? 5 park days without hoppers and 1 water park day. Not using deluxe evening hours. Anyone stay at both recently and have strong feelings about either?
I love WL. In fact, it is one of my favorite Disney resorts. However, I like to stay there when I am not doing the parks as much, so I have the opportunity to really enjoy it.

I have also stayed at CBR and enjoyed it. I usually stay at mods and values when I plan to be in the parks a lot, and the room is mostly just a place to shower and sleep.

Based on how you have described your trip, it sounds like you won’t be spending a lot of time at the resort. Combined with the substantial savings involved, and the fact that you know you love it, I would recommend CBR for your trip.

If you aren’t going to use the deluxe extra hours , I would go for CBR. Two parks access via Skyliner. WL has boat service to MK but shares Bus stops at DS and AK, Epcot if I remember right.

I'd vote for WL, Geyser Point is a phenomenal spot for drinks/ apps or a full meal, and I love having a lower rate than the other Lux resorts for a boat ride to MK. I've often got a fireworks view as a standard room as well (last 2 stays), so while our kids are sleeping we're on the balcony watching the show. Also depending on your situation with kids if we were doing 5 days in the parks we'd be at MK for at least 2, maybe 3 days so the proximity makes a big difference. If we were spending more time at Epcot/ Studios then Caribbean would make more sense.

We stayed at Caribbean in 2021 and loved it
This is the key. Since you loved it so recently you know what it has to offer currently (the pool refurb wraps in Mar). You’ve already overcome most people’s gripes with CBR (size, elevators) so you kinda have nothing to lose but $800. Normally I’d say stay WL but because you have experience at CBR and still liked it I say save the dough and go enjoy CBR again!

Agree with most others. WL is my favorite resort and where we always stay (though this next trip we are trying a split 5N Ploy/5N WL trip). If you are doing a park heavy trip and won't use extended evening hours, save the money for another trip! You could always visit the WL one evening and go to Geyser Point. If you go later in the evening, you can catch the Electrical Water Pageant and see some of the MK fireworks. CBR has been recently renovated, so the rooms are looking better and the Skyliner is a definite plus.

CBR for the sky liner, pool, and hammocks 😀. The rooms are tiny but otherwise it’s a great warm weather resort.
Leaning towards CBR for those reasons! And the pool/slides are a bit more exciting than the WL pool! I just am not a. huge fan of all the walking at CBR and the old AC units so those 2 things are holding me back! But yay for no more carpet!

I wanted to go with CBR for an upcoming vacation, but the feature pool is going to be closed, and I won’t stay at a resort without the feature pool. I stayed at CBR years ago. It wasn’t my favorite, but I figured I would try again. Enjoy! If you know you love it, go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter