Caribbean Beach v Coronado

I've stayed at both and I vastly prefer the Coronado Springs. I'm a single lady who goes to Disney on her own and I've found that the Coronado has far fewer children than the other resorts (I've stayed in 5 different ones), probably due to the conventions being held there and that the theme/decor isn't geared towards kids. The grounds and landscaping are lovely and really nice to walk around of an evening. You can see the both the Hollywood Studios fireworks and some fireworks from another park (not sure which one). It's got 3 or 4 bus stops so you don't have to go to the lobby to catch a bus and it's nice to be able to not have a mile-long walk to your room if you're exhausted at the end of the day. In general, it's more quiet and calm than the other resorts, in my opinion.

I've stayed at both, and I would go with CSR, it isn't even close for me. They are both big resorts but CBR seems much bigger than CSR. Also, the bus transportation at CSR tends to be far superior to that at CBR. For me, the skyliner is a negative, not a positive.

This is a very subjective question. Will you be spending a lot of time at the resort? Will you use the pool? Will you have drinks? Will you dine at the resort?

We spent 10 days at CSR in October this past year. Loved it. But I'd be hesitant to recommend it for October of next year because the new tower and lagoon restaurant should be open by then, and it remains to be seen how that will impact the existing restaurants, pools, buses. etc. But similarly, at CBR, the Skyliner should be open by then too so who knows what impact that will have on the resort. I do think it would be less of an impact that the new tower at CSR, though.

CBR has been recently renovated with a new food court, restaurant, etc. I believe the rooms at CSR are more recently renovated. CBR is a larger resort. CSR caters to the convention attendees so there tends to be more groups and business travelers, which has pros and cons. They are both pretty centrally located.

IMO, it depends on what your priorities are. I could make arguments for either resort. We love CSR, but have not stayed at CBR since the recent renovations. We're considering trying it next it again next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter