Caribbean Beach rooms

Mom2Kids2003

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I are staying in a king room at CBR in June. I've been reading a lot of reviews about the rooms being very old, super-loud air conditioners, and having a moldy and musty smell in them. Has anyone stayed there recently and how were the rooms? CBR is one of the few resorts we haven't stayed at, so we're excited to try it, but I'm a little apprehensive know that I've read about some other people's experiences. Thanks!

I stayed there a little over a year ago and I didn't think the rooms seemed old or that the air conditioner was any louder than anywhere else. My room also smelled fine, but my parents were in the room next door to me and it had a horrible moldy, musty smell. I don't know how they could stand to stay in there honestly.

My hubby and I are staying in a king room at CBR in June. I've been reading a lot of reviews about the rooms being very old, super-loud air conditioners, and having a moldy and musty smell in them. Has anyone stayed there recently and how were the rooms? CBR is one of the few resorts we haven't stayed at, so we're excited to try it, but I'm a little apprehensive know that I've read about some other people's experiences. Thanks!
I think it just really depends on the room but the CBR rooms are right now some of the oldest on property and it doesn't help that there are other disney resorts that have brand new rooms, so by nature of comparison, they just look bad since some of the other properties look so great. I think they were last redone, not counting the newly updated Little Mermaid, formerly pirate rooms, in 2015/16ish, so they're getting up there in age.

We had last stayed at CBR a little less than a year ago and we had to switch rooms. We had an odor issue from the rest room, believe it was sewer gases. We switched to a neighboring room and it was just fine, no smell. All those window units that most of the disney values and some mods still have are noisy but not any noisier than any other motel type property. I thought our room was fine but it does need a little TLC. It didn't feel unclean and there were no other issues with our outside of the smell but we were moved quickly.

We were in a King Room in March and the room was in fine condition, no odors and the AC was not loud in our opinion.

We were in a preferred room in Martinique around Thanksgiving 2021 and it was just fine.

Stayed in Aruba this past fall. The room still has a rug, which I didn't mind, but the person I stayed with would have preferred one of the newer rooms with hard floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter