• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I need to hear good stuff before I cancel and rebook at a different resort!:thumbsup2

My DD and I had a wonderful time at CBR last August. It's a beautiful resort, great pools, food court and CM's. The only reason we chose POR this year was that we wanted to try the new Royal Guest Rooms and wanted the queen beds as my DS is joining us. I'm sure you will enjoy CBR!

Ive been reading multiple reviews....and reading posts on this board...and now Im second guessing my choice...we stayed at Pop Century in 2010 and absolutely loved it!!
Please tell me that I made the right choice in booking CBR for our April trip....please show us the love!!!
I need to hear good stuff before I cancel and rebook at a different resort!:thumbsup2

Keri, I wouldn't second guess myself if I were you. We first stayed at the CBR 7 years ago and immediately fell in love with the resort. So much so that we have now stayed there 8 times and have our 9th stay already booked.

While we have never stayed at Pop, we did go over and visit for an hour or two to get a "feel" for the resort and to eat in their food court.

We have stayed at the CBR when it was booked to capacity and it certainly didn't feel like it. Yes, the main pool can get crowded during our stays (end of May/first of June) and the food court is a little busy at peak times but not prohibitively so.

We really like the fact that each resort village has their own sitting area, beach, laundry room, quiet pool and bus stop.

I have lots of pictures of the resort and a review of our pre-cruise stay (and more to come for our post-cruise stay) in my trip report. Feel free to click on the link below and have a look around. I'd love to have you over.

If you have any specific CBR questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

Since we'll have a rental car, which building is the easiest, parking wise, to get in and out of the resort? On the map it looks so big that I'm sure a couple of the buildings require less driving. KWIM?
Barbados is the village closest to the main entrance.

Thank you all soooo very much :)

Im really excited now!!

Joining in mickeystoontown..thank you for the invite

Happy Sunday everyone!

I wouldn't second guess yourself..... CBR is an absolutely beautiful resort! I don't know who all these people are who like to give it bad reviews, lol. I am as picky as a person can be and I didn't have a single complaint!! If being far from the food court/main pool is a huge issue for you (or anyone) -- then splurge and pay the extra $15-$20/nt. for Preferred to guarantee you'll be close. OR put in a request for the closest non-preferred building and when you get there, if they aren't able to grant your request, you can dish out the $$ then and there for Preferred (assuming it's not sold out). As for bus complaints, you'll see complaints about that for each and every resort. We never had a single problem with long waits for busses. ONCE we waited like 15 minutes (we must have *just* missed the bus), but every other time a bus came within 5 minutes of us getting to the stop.

Well.... we are headed out this FRIDAY!:dance3: So nervous for this trip! 15 of us are going.... Its a big family trip... mom, dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins kids etc. Very excited! :)

I know this may be on here some where but I'm not sure where. I was wanting to know more about the coin operated lockers at the main pool. So how do they work and how much does it cost ? Thanks for any information :)

Looking to go back to WDW in May '13, was wondering if anybody knew if CBR will be getting Queen size beds like POR,CSR & POFQ ? Thanks for the info ! :yoda:

Looking to go back to WDW in May '13, was wondering if anybody knew if CBR will be getting Queen size beds like POR,CSR & POFQ ? Thanks for the info ! :yoda:

CBR will be getting Queen beds, but no official word on exactly when. It's just a guess, but I'd say there's a good chance they'll be in by May of 2013. I'm sure it will be posted on this thread when there's official word of dates.

leaving tomorrow night for our first stay for 2 days by ourselves at CBR!!!! then meeting DD at POR saturday... whooo hooo.... my daughter is in a wheelchair and i always push her thru the parks, this will probably be my one and only day i will ever get to be wheelchair free in Disney. We want to do some rides that she doesnt like and some are just too difficult to get her on. I wont know how to act by myself! she has been in florida with her dad for almost 2 weeks and I will be so happy to see her!! I miss my girl :)

mskermit said:
leaving tomorrow night for our first stay for 2 days by ourselves at CBR!!!! then meeting DD at POR saturday... whooo hooo.... my daughter is in a wheelchair and i always push her thru the parks, this will probably be my one and only day i will ever get to be wheelchair free in Disney. We want to do some rides that she doesnt like and some are just too difficult to get her on. I wont know how to act by myself! she has been in florida with her dad for almost 2 weeks and I will be so happy to see her!! I miss my girl :)

That is exactly how I feel. I am going without my mom for the first time in years and I always push her. I am sad she isn't going this time (we'll go next year) but can't wait to do some things that I normally don't because of the chair. Have a great time chair free and with your daughter!!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

Hey CBR fans...

So, I did my online check in, and I was not able to add a "Building Request". I belive this is due to the fact that we booked through a travel agent (Dreams, of course). I've put our request in with our TA, but does anyone here know of any other steps to take to help us get in the building we wish?

FYI, I have called 407-WDisney, and they were not able to add the request due to the TA issue noted above.

Thanks!

There are laundry facilities at each quiet pool, so no need to haul stuff too far. Washing machines and dryers were $2.00 each and the dryers required only 1 cycle to get the clothes completely dry :)

Hey CBR fans...

So, I did my online check in, and I was not able to add a "Building Request". I belive this is due to the fact that we booked through a travel agent (Dreams, of course). I've put our request in with our TA, but does anyone here know of any other steps to take to help us get in the building we wish?

FYI, I have called 407-WDisney, and they were not able to add the request due to the TA issue noted above.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, it's in your TA's hands, they "own" the reservation. That is one of the reasons we book our trips ourselves. I like having control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter