Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to CBR last week of March 2012. Myself and two adult daughters (22 & 24). We do have a rental car. Which buildings are best suited for us? Looking for easy driving access in and out of the resort and quiet!! Newly refurbished rooms and a short walk to dining a plus. Pool and hot tub close by also a plus. Looking at Jamaica 44 or 45 or Aruba 51. Any suggestions. Thanks!! Love this site BTW.:lovestruc

None of the buildings (with the exception of Trinidad South Pirate rooms) have been renovated since 2008. I just got back from a stay in the Martinique section, but I did walk to Jamaica and Aruba, and would have preferred to stay in those sections. I just liked the feel of those sections better.

Headed to CBR last week of March 2012. Myself and two adult daughters (22 & 24). We do have a rental car. Which buildings are best suited for us? Looking for easy driving access in and out of the resort and quiet!! Newly refurbished rooms and a short walk to dining a plus. Pool and hot tub close by also a plus. Looking at Jamaica 44 or 45 or Aruba 51. Any suggestions. Thanks!! Love this site BTW.:lovestruc

Besides the newly refurbished rooms part...........suggestions???:confused3

Besides the newly refurbished rooms part...........suggestions???:confused3

All of the buildings have their own parking lots, so they are all easy access.
If it is important to be close to the main building/pool area (which is where the hot tubs are) I would pay to get a preferred location. Those are Trinidad North, and Martinique 24 25 and 26.
Some of the buildings in Jamaica and Aruba are a short walk to OPR, but you aren't guaranteed to get one of those. If you don't pay for preferred, you can be put anywhere.
For example, I requested Jamaica...any building, and was put in Martinique 21...totally different area.

I know that you can rent bikes there but we were thinking about bringing our own bikes. Since the resort is so spread out I thought it would be a fun way to get places.
Concern...is there anywhere to park and lock your bike when you get somewhere like the pool?

I guess we'd have to store them on our vehicle when we're not using them...

THANKS for any thoughts!

You can find good and bad reviews for almost all the WDW resorts. I don't think there's one resort that will fit everyone. We love CBR. Our favorite thing to do after a long day at the parks was to head to the Main Pool. DW and I would grab a drink at the Banana Cabana and slip into one of the hot tubs while DS swam. The main pool/hot tubs never close and the Banana Cabana is open until Midnight. On our way back to our room we would walk on one of the many beaches. Something very relaxing about walking on sand barefoot when you have tired aching feet. Or enjoy one of the many hammocks while star gazing. :cloud9:

Love relaxing in the hammocks at night. Just don't do what I did if you're out there by yourself - fall asleep and wake up at 3am. :laughing:

We are leaving for CBR in 2 days!! :yay::woohoo:

A couple questions, as this is my first disney trip as an adult/parent.

Should I do the online check in ? I have requested a ground floor (traveling with our three DD 6, 2 & 4 months) and a pack n play.

Which building should I request I am torn between Jamaica and Martinique.

Any other tips about staying at CBR are greatly appreciated!

Man how am I going to work today! AGH LOL

Thank you in advance!

We are leaving for CBR in 2 days!! :yay::woohoo:

A couple questions, as this is my first disney trip as an adult/parent.

Should I do the online check in ? I have requested a ground floor (traveling with our three DD 6, 2 & 4 months) and a pack n play.

Which building should I request I am torn between Jamaica and Martinique.

Any other tips about staying at CBR are greatly appreciated!

Man how am I going to work today! AGH LOL

Thank you in advance!

Since this is your first trip, I would advise not doing online check-in. If you wait and check-in when you arrive, you will get an explanation of the resort amenities, how things work, etc. Online check-in is mainly for people who want to just get their room key/park tickets and hit the parks. And also online check-in helps with getting a room that's ready when you arrive if you are going to be getting to the resort before official check-in time. With online check-in you tell them what time you expect to arrive and they will try to have a room ready for you, but it diminishes the chances of getting your requests because they will give you a room that's ready.

The rooms in Martinique are considered preferred. So unless you paid for a preferred location, it would take some pixie dust and you getting a free upgrade to get Martinique. We stayed in Jamaica 45 recently and it was a great location. Very lovely and short walk across the bridge to OPR.

Your girls are going to love the pool. The smaller kiddie splash area is great for little ones. Enjoy!!!

The rooms in Martinique are considered preferred. So unless you paid for a preferred location, it would take some pixie dust and you getting a free upgrade to get Martinique.

Just a small correction (sorry), but not all of the buildings in Martinique are preferred. Buildings 21, 22, and 23 are NOT preferred. we just got back from a stay in building 21...about a 5 minute walk to the main building.

Just a small correction (sorry), but not all of the buildings in Martinique are preferred. Buildings 21, 22, and 23 are NOT preferred. we just got back from a stay in building 21...about a 5 minute walk to the main building.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Also, does anyone know when they removed the playgrounds from the beaches? The only playground was on Caribbean Cay. The ones that used to be on the beaches are gone.

Good evening!

We will be staying at CBR March 24th-30th. This will be our first time staying at this resort. I just called to upgrade to a preferred room, and none are available. I am kind of bummed. :guilty: I went ahead and put in a request for either Martinque or Jamaica, so I hope we can at least get one of those.

Question: Do theysell rum or vodka in the gift shop area or is this something that I should plan on Garden Grocer to deliver?

Thanks!

Good evening!

We will be staying at CBR March 24th-30th. This will be our first time staying at this resort. I just called to upgrade to a preferred room, and none are available. I am kind of bummed. :guilty: I went ahead and put in a request for either Martinque or Jamaica, so I hope we can at least get one of those.

Question: Do theysell rum or vodka in the gift shop area or is this something that I should plan on Garden Grocer to deliver?

Thanks!

In October they were selling rum, vodka, scotch and whiskey in the gift shop.

Good evening!

Thanks!

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting preferred. The farthest village from OPR is Trinidad South and it's only an 8 minute walk, at a very leisurely pace, from the farthest point of Trini South to OPR.

Arrived at CBR today. We were put in Jamaica 41. We requested 44 or 45 but apparently these buildings were full of cheerleaders, as was most of Aruba. We asked to be moved away from the chanting cheerleaders. They put is in Martinique 21. As I type, hoards of cheerleaders are screaming beneath our windows. They are everywhere in the resort. I wish they would have told us this when we booked. Hope they are not staying all week.:headache: As a side note, it is freezing here. Tomorrow the high is only going to be 52! The temperature is supposed to rebound by Tuesday. We haven't checked out the resort yet. We went straight to HS after checking in.

When are the cheerleaders leaving?? That is terrible! I hope you guys that are there now can have a magical time anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter