• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Shopping - need male input

footballmouse

DIS Veteran
Sorry to invade the "dad" board but I have a car question and would like a male input if you can. I'm looking at a used VW Jetta. Anyone out there currently own a Jetta or even a VW? My boss has a Passat and has had a few troubles with it. I'm wondering if VW's are prone to problems and are they expensive to fix. Thanks for your help.

Sorry to invade the "dad" board but I have a car question and would like a male input if you can. I'm looking at a used VW Jetta. Anyone out there currently own a Jetta or even a VW? My boss has a Passat and has had a few troubles with it. I'm wondering if VW's are prone to problems and are they expensive to fix. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I can't help. Maybe one of the other dads can give you more input.

The only advice I could give would be to test drive the car and pay an independent mechanic to inspect it and hook it up to the computer for a diagnostic. It will cost you a fee, but well worth it in selecting the vehicle. The other advice I would offer is not to finance a vehicle. Good luck.

...The only advice I could give would be to test drive the car and pay an independent mechanic to inspect it and hook it up to the computer for a diagnostic. It will cost you a fee, but well worth it in selecting the vehicle. The other advice I would offer is not to finance a vehicle...

+1.

My grandmother had a 64 Bug and it was a good car, but can't say anything about the new ones.

Best wishes with the shopping. I would rather have a root canal than shop for a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter