Car Service/Shuttle Question

iwantpeace

Earning My Ears
Good Morning! We are flying into SNA next Monday (Jan. 2nd). We were planning to take an Uber XL (to accommodate luggage), but we really need a grocery stop. I've found that Lansky's will provide a grocery stop, but they seem to be more expensive. Any advice on our best option? We have 4 adults, so no need for car seats.

We reserved Lansky’s because we wanted that grocery stop and it has been highly recommended on these boards. I think there are other options, though.

Cheaper or convenient?

Convenient - go with the more expensive Lansky with the grocery stop.
Cheaper - get the Uber XL and then order groceries from Pavillions (Vons, first delivery is free if $75 + ordered), Instacart, Amazon Fresh. I'm not sure how your hotel/motel handles grocery deliveries if the guest isn't present.

I would recommend getting something set up in advance, whether that is Lansky or another car service. On our last trip we did the limo service with Primetime on arrival and then planned on just catching an Uber XL on the way back for departure. That was a mistake. The Uber that showed up was a BMW X5 with the 5-seat configuration (including the driver), which was not going to fit us 5 adults and our luggage (several checked suitcases). It was incredibly stressful trying to get something set up while we were trying to get to the airport and we ended up just going with a taxi.

Also - have you considered doing a grocery delivery to your hotel? We've done those a few times and it makes things so much easier rather than having to stop. If you're staying on-site, bellhop services will hold it for you. If you're staying off-site, some hotels will hold deliveries while others will not. When we've stayed at the Desert Inn, we've actually done a DoorDash order from a gas station and the driver brought a case of water and soda for in the room. Took maybe 20-30 minutes wait. Might be something to check into!

Last edited:

I reserved Lansky's because my daughter flew in to LGB in May and couldn't even get an Uber. It was just a random weekend, nothing big going on. I don't like unknowns and I need a grocery stop (gotta have lots of water bottles) so I just went ahead and booked with Lansky. The process was super easy.

One thing to be aware of with Lansky's...if your flight is delayed then the driver can (and will!) refuse to do the grocery stop. We encountered this in March.

We used Karmel Shuttle and then Instacart/Shipt for a grocery delivery. Worked out great.
I brought snacks with us using a cooler as a piece of luggage and only needed several cases of water which is what we had delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter