Car service from DLR to LAX Recommendation ?

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
I've looked at the recommendations on Mousesavers and they suggest Sunny’s Transportation and Karmel Shuttle. Does anyone have recent experience with either or would recommend one over the other? Or perhaps a different company all together? I was originally going to drive and drop the rental off at LAX myself but think it will be easier (and less costly) to leave it in Annehiem and just get a ride to LAX. We have some medical issues and often need extra time at the airport as my son cannot go through any scanners. Just want to be sure we book with a reliable company.

This is for a Saturday in February if that makes a difference.....

Thank you for your help : )

We used Executive Car Service in July and were very happy with the service. So much so that I am going to book them for April GCH to LAX.

We used Lansky Transportation on our most recent trip (this past week) and this is our second time using them. They are quite pricey but worth every cent in my opinion. Very night clean cars, very professional drivers.

We used Lansky Transportation on our most recent trip (this past week) and this is our second time using them. They are quite pricey but worth every cent in my opinion. Very night clean cars, very professional drivers.
We used Lanksy back in January 2020 due to needing a car seat and were very pleased with the service. We paid about $180 one way back then (LAX to Anaheim).

Do you mind sharing their current pricing? We are a family of 4 now and heading back in April. TIA!

We used MidWil shuttle earlier this year. The shuttle arrived a few minutes earlier than requested. We were very happy with their service.

I used Karmel last summer and it worked out perfect!
The driver was actually waiting for us at LAX (immigration was a bit slow…)
And even though we booked a shared ride (we were 3 adults) we were lucky enough to have it all to ourselves…
The way back worked out just as good…
It was perfect for 3 adults with big bags and carry-ons…(I was worried we wouldn’t fit in an uberXL with all of our luggage…)

Golden West Express - Alan the owner is great. The drivers are very friendly and the cars are very clean. I used them for my August trip. LAX to Grand Californian $150 plus tip. Very timely and great communication before the trip and during pickup.

We used Lanksy back in January 2020 due to needing a car seat and were very pleased with the service. We paid about $180 one way back then (LAX to Anaheim).

Do you mind sharing their current pricing? We are a family of 4 now and heading back in April. TIA!
Here is what came from Lansky's email regarding pricing:

11/27/2023
Mickey-SNA$105.00
Disneyland transportation specials (SNA to Anaheim) - UA#2248 / Arrival 12:15pm / 3 passengers / Curbside pick up only / Non-stop / Fleet : Chevy Suburban or Yukon XL, Ford Expedition Max, Toyota Sienna / Provide 1 Forward facing car seat
1 X $105.00
6004$5.25
Provisional Gasoline Surcharge - 5% (Due to the rising costs of gasoline in California this additional charge is mandatory for all commercial vehicles until further notice.)
105 X $0.05
5003$ -5.00
Promo discount - Return client
1 X $-5.00
INFO-SNA(CURB)$0.00
Due to parking lot construction and increased flights, parking lot access is very difficult. So we can only do curbside pick up. We ask for your cooperation and understanding.
Please see the curbside pickup instructions below:
Curbside pick up - You will be contacted by the driver when your flight lands. Please come outside from baggage claim area after grabbing your bags and then let the driver know the pole number via text or call. (every pole has a number). The driver will meet you at the curbside within 5-10 min.
1 X $0.00
Subtotal: 11/27/2023$105.25
12/02/2023
Mouse-SNA$100.00
Disneyland Transportation specials (Anaheim to SNA) - Pick up 9:15am / UA#5926, departs@ 11:49am / 3 passengers / Fleet : Chevy Suburban or Yukon XL, Ford Expedition Max, Toyota Sienna / Provide 1 Forward facing car seat
1 X $100.00
6004$5.00
Provisional Gasoline Surcharge - 5% (Due to the rising costs of gasoline in California this additional charge is mandatory for all commercial vehicles until further notice.)
100 X $0.05
5003$ -5.00
1 X $-5.00
Subtotal: 12/02/2023$100.00
Payment$205.25
Balance due$0.00
(Important Notice)
* Gratuity not included - 20% of price, it's mandatory for the chauffeur
* Luggage Limit - 3 passengers : accommodate 6 large bags, 2-3 carry-on & 1 umbrella type stroller. If you're bringing a double stroller(jogger type), please reduce the number of bags. otherwise we can't be responsible.
* Full Refund: If you cancel booking up to 3 hours before pick up date & time.
* Prices are subject to change and availability until make payment.

This was for a trip to pick us up from SNA and drive us to Camelot Inn, and then back again. We did not opt for the complimentary grocery stop since we knew we'd be too early for check in and didn't want to leave bags of groceries at the front desk of the hotel. We used them for the first time back in 2019 and was so impressed we stuck with them. At the time here were the options I considered:

- Lyft/Uber: car seats aren't provided, you bring your own (which we did because our daughter was still using an infant car seat). But becasue Lyft/Uber isn't a dedicated professional car service (i.e., just regular folks moonlighting with their own personal vehilcles), we did not feel comfortable with using it with a child in tow.

- Shuttle Buses: From the small van type buses to the large motor coaches, we looked at them all with mixed reviews and ultimately this type of service is set to a bus schedule at pre-determined stops. I did not wan to tied to a schedule or worry about where the pickup/drop off locations are.

- Rental Car: this woudl provide the most freedom, still we'd bring our own car seat, but also would be more $$$$, especially since we didn't plan on doing much else other than DLR.

-Professional transport services: This was the most expensive out of options 1, 2, and 3 above, but I felt the safest and most confident of the service being provided. This time around, because our daughter is now four year's older and is in a convertable car seat and not an infant seat, Lansky was able to provide their own convertable carseat. The driver arrived at the airport curbside, carseat already installed, assisted with luggage and it was a smooth, clean QUIET ride from airport to hotel. No issues. Though, back in 2019, the driver met us at arrivals near the luggage carousel, with a sign with our name on it and helpe uds with luggage to the car parked nearby. This time, the driver texted me where he was and advised me to text him the door number that I'd come out of and he'd drive up. Either way worked fin.

Here is what came from Lansky's email regarding pricing:

11/27/2023
Mickey-SNA$105.00
Disneyland transportation specials (SNA to Anaheim) - UA#2248 / Arrival 12:15pm / 3 passengers / Curbside pick up only / Non-stop / Fleet : Chevy Suburban or Yukon XL, Ford Expedition Max, Toyota Sienna / Provide 1 Forward facing car seat
1 X $105.00
6004$5.25
105 X $0.05
5003$ -5.00
1 X $-5.00
INFO-SNA(CURB)$0.00
Due to parking lot construction and increased flights, parking lot access is very difficult. So we can only do curbside pick up. We ask for your cooperation and understanding.
Please see the curbside pickup instructions below:
Curbside pick up - You will be contacted by the driver when your flight lands. Please come outside from baggage claim area after grabbing your bags and then let the driver know the pole number via text or call. (every pole has a number). The driver will meet you at the curbside within 5-10 min.
1 X $0.00
Subtotal: 11/27/2023$105.25
12/02/2023
Mouse-SNA$100.00
Disneyland Transportation specials (Anaheim to SNA) - Pick up 9:15am / UA#5926, departs@ 11:49am / 3 passengers / Fleet : Chevy Suburban or Yukon XL, Ford Expedition Max, Toyota Sienna / Provide 1 Forward facing car seat
1 X $100.00
6004$5.00
100 X $0.05
5003$ -5.00
1 X $-5.00
Subtotal: 12/02/2023$100.00
Payment$205.25
Balance due$0.00
(Important Notice)
* Gratuity not included - 20% of price, it's mandatory for the chauffeur
* Luggage Limit - 3 passengers : accommodate 6 large bags, 2-3 carry-on & 1 umbrella type stroller. If you're bringing a double stroller(jogger type), please reduce the number of bags. otherwise we can't be responsible.
* Full Refund: If you cancel booking up to 3 hours before pick up date & time.
* Prices are subject to change and availability until make payment.

This was for a trip to pick us up from SNA and drive us to Camelot Inn, and then back again. We did not opt for the complimentary grocery stop since we knew we'd be too early for check in and didn't want to leave bags of groceries at the front desk of the hotel. We used them for the first time back in 2019 and was so impressed we stuck with them. At the time here were the options I considered:

- Lyft/Uber: car seats aren't provided, you bring your own (which we did because our daughter was still using an infant car seat). But becasue Lyft/Uber isn't a dedicated professional car service (i.e., just regular folks moonlighting with their own personal vehilcles), we did not feel comfortable with using it with a child in tow.

- Shuttle Buses: From the small van type buses to the large motor coaches, we looked at them all with mixed reviews and ultimately this type of service is set to a bus schedule at pre-determined stops. I did not wan to tied to a schedule or worry about where the pickup/drop off locations are.

- Rental Car: this woudl provide the most freedom, still we'd bring our own car seat, but also would be more $$$$, especially since we didn't plan on doing much else other than DLR.

-Professional transport services: This was the most expensive out of options 1, 2, and 3 above, but I felt the safest and most confident of the service being provided. This time around, because our daughter is now four year's older and is in a convertable car seat and not an infant seat, Lansky was able to provide their own convertable carseat. The driver arrived at the airport curbside, carseat already installed, assisted with luggage and it was a smooth, clean QUIET ride from airport to hotel. No issues. Though, back in 2019, the driver met us at arrivals near the luggage carousel, with a sign with our name on it and helpe uds with luggage to the car parked nearby. This time, the driver texted me where he was and advised me to text him the door number that I'd come out of and he'd drive up. Either way worked fin.
This is super helpful - thank you for sharing your research and experience! Our youngest will be almost 4 when we go back in April so we definitely need a carseat again which is why I was planning to stick with Lanksy. I think I remember them meeting us at baggage claim in 2020 so the pickup outside is a bit of a bummer but not a huge deal!

Oh and you can request what kind of car you like. For the ride in I went with a GMC Yukon, my those things are enormous. It's like a living room on wheels. On the ride back I opted for a Toyota Sienna Minivan which had leg room galore for the middle row seats. I believe that because they are indeed a professional transport service, they know the routes well, the city, etc., like the back of their hand. They're not glued to a GPS trying to figure out what the GPS is telling them to do. The cars are clean and don't have any smelly personal air fresheners, there's bottle water for you to take. And everything is agreed to before hand so no surprises.

I used MidWil shuttle based on a recommendation I read here and couldn’t have been happier with their service. We did the opposite route though - LAX to DLH

We used Lansky's from SNA in October. Very happy with the service. We did a grocery stop at Target (they sent me a list of stores that I could choose from). They did have me text when we got to the pole outside, and the wait was less than 10 minutes. That is new due to parking restrictions at the airport, but not a big deal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter