• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

car rentals onsite @ mco?

Thank you for your help. DH won't rent offsite after our last experience with Thrifty.
Buttercup:D

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dollar! We use them every year. They are on the floor right beneath baggage claim and the garage is right out the door directly across the street. Fast, convenient and the price has always been right for us.

Buttercup,

what was your experience with Thirty?
We are renting with them this year.
Last yr. we went offsite with Hertz and found the shuttle and service to be very good.

Buttercup,

what was your experience with Thirty?
We are renting with them this year.
Last yr. we went offsite with Hertz and found the shuttle and service to be very good.

I'm leaving in two weeks and am also renting from thrifty. I'm just hoping that buttercups experience was an aberation. It seems that regardless of the area of service at any place, whether it is food, rides, hotels, air travel, etc. there are bound to be some people that have bad experiences (well, with air travel, it seems to be the norm). I would like to believe that there are also people out there who have used Thrifty and had no complaints either.

Plus, I don't have high expectations for their service, as my main reason for using them is cost. I'm willing to trade excellent service for lower costs. Just my preference.

I get back on Nov. 16th. If you're not leaving until after then, I'll let you know how my experience was. If you're leaving before that, good luck and enjoy your trip!

skwidy,

Our reasons for going with Thrifty are the same as yours. We weren't even going to rent a car initially and don't mind going off-site for the lower rate. After all we did it last yr lugging 2 strollers, 2 car seats .... and were quite happy.

Looks like we'll be there at the same time.

Good Luck to you too and have a Great Time!!!!

Hi,
Our experience would've been tolerable if DH had more patience, so it's not all their fault.

The counter person couldn't accept that we didn't want to upgrade, she just kept pushing and pushing, then sent someone else over to push some more. "How could anyone want an economy car?!" She went for keys, got the wrong ones, went away again. It took forever to get the car.

Well, we ending up with a free upgrade cuz they didn't have any economy cars. She obviously didn't want to do that, but wasn't about to tell us. We didn't know until the larger car sat out there for a while and no one told us it was ours. DH was on fire by then.

So, Thrifty is completely out of the question for us and the experience knocked offsite car rentals out of the question also. He needs fast and convenient....and trust me...he's not going to the counter with me next time.

I say don't worry & don't expect good customer service. Just say NO. You'll be fine.

Buttercup:D

Buttercup! I will definitely be on the alert when we go to Thrifty. I do want the Economy car, and if they have none, well, I'll gladly take an upgrade! Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter