Car rental prices rising?

klk77

Mouseketeer
I've been watching car rental prices for a couple of months now for a late August trip. Instead of dropping as the date approached (like last year), they have risen!

Any tips for better pricing? I'm already using a costco discount code and a coupon, and my price is about 2x more expensive than last year.

Totally. I did my reservation (Alamo always being cheapest) a few months ago for a minivan for 12 days. Rental was $650. I kept checking and it went down about a month prior to $579. That was reasonable to me. BUT, somehow, my res didn't stick and I got a cancellation!!! Thankfully I noticed. Ploy by rental company to get more money? No one ever responded. Stuck at $640 now. I checked two days ago, and it is now over $1200!!!! :confused3 Such a difference.

They are going up , I booked my rental car through Costco/Hertz - 2 weeks for $845 for a mini van. Now its up to $1400! :eek: My only advice is check every day @ different times. We used Hotwire once and got a pretty good deal, you can also set it up so that it emails you when rates drop.

Glad I reserved a couple weeks ago :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter