Car rental locations for WDW...

In need of some assistance with renting a car. Been to WDW many many times but never needed a car. We are looking to rent a car just for a few days in the middle of our WDW stay.(August/September trip) We have never rented before, but from what i am reading there is a Car Care Center on WDW property? I can picture the location of it with a gas station I believe? Wanna say we pass it when we leave MK. How do we go about renting one from that particualr location? What company uses that location? Do they bring the car to your WDW resort and pick it up when you are done? Like I said we have never rented a car before and not sure where to begin. It will be myself, husband and 5 year old son so im assuming we will bring our own carseat on airplane down to WDW so we will have that. I know we can rent from the MCO airport when we fly in but since we don't need the car right away i thought maybe we could save a little money and only rent it when we needed it in the middle of our stay. I would apprecitae any feedback.
There is also Enterprise rentals at the car care center. They were much cheaper than Alamo for my dates in late Sept/ Oct.

There is also Enterprise rentals at the car care center. They were much cheaper than Alamo for my dates in late Sept/ Oct.

Has anyone been charged a $200 drop fee by Enterprise to drop your car off at the Car Care Center? I tried to make a reservation to do so in late January and they wanted $200 to drop it there...I changed the reservation to drop off at MCO and the charge disappeared. I'm going to keep checking over the next several months to see if it disappears- have done this same thing before without any drop charge.

(gotta stay with Enterprise for work reasons)

I was planning to rent a car for the day sometime after the 4th, but their reservations system showed multiple days in a row where they had no cars to rent out.

Has anyone been charged a $200 drop fee by Enterprise to drop your car off at the Car Care Center? I tried to make a reservation to do so in late January and they wanted $200 to drop it there...I changed the reservation to drop off at MCO and the charge disappeared. I'm going to keep checking over the next several months to see if it disappears- have done this same thing before without any drop charge.

(gotta stay with Enterprise for work reasons)
I've read recently that many of the companies are actually charging the one way fees that are in the agreement but haven't been charged for a very long time. They want to get those cars "cleaned" and ready to go for the next person ASAP.

Im trying to rent a car from MCO and return at car care center at the end of this month for our trip. I thought there were a few car rental companies but now I'm only seeing Enterprise? So is that my only option if i want to return at car care center? I also have tried going to car rental sites and when i try to type in car care center as a drop off location it says it dosent exist, so im just using the link from the disney website.Can anyone please give me some insight?

Last edited:
Im trying to rent a car from MCO and return at car care center at the end of this month for our trip. I thought there were a few car rental companies but now I'm only seeing Enterprise? So is that my only option if i want to return at car care center? I also have tried going to car rental sites and when i try to type in car care center as a drop off location it says it dosent exist, so im just using the link from the disney website.Can anyone please give me some insight?

here has been my experience with enterprise and the car care center. Prior to the outbreak or whatever we’re calling it these days we would often rent a car in Fort Myers to visit family then drive to Orlando for a few days and drop off the rental at the car care center. Easy simple done. I made a reservation for this coming January to do just that again and now there is a $200 surcharge to drop it at the car care center versus dropping it at the airport. I have been checking frequently and it’s still there, I even called enterprise and the person who took my car was surprised that the reservation would even allow me to book the car care center as a drop off regardless of surcharge costs, as they indicated they were starting to do away with some of the one-way drop off points in Orlando. In any event we decided to save the 200 bucks and drop the car at the airport instead of the car care center. But it sure was convenient while it lasted! Hopefully the option w/o the surcharge will return.
*we use Enterprise due to corporate account set up, so I’m not currently to up to date on other car rental companies-

here has been my experience with enterprise and the car care center. Prior to the outbreak or whatever we’re calling it these days we would often rent a car in Fort Myers to visit family then drive to Orlando for a few days and drop off the rental at the car care center. Easy simple done. I made a reservation for this coming January to do just that again and now there is a $200 surcharge to drop it at the car care center versus dropping it at the airport. I have been checking frequently and it’s still there, I even called enterprise and the person who took my car was surprised that the reservation would even allow me to book the car care center as a drop off regardless of surcharge costs, as they indicated they were starting to do away with some of the one-way drop off points in Orlando. In any event we decided to save the 200 bucks and drop the car at the airport instead of the car care center. But it sure was convenient while it lasted! Hopefully the option w/o the surcharge will return.
*we use Enterprise due to corporate account set up, so I’m not currently to up to date on other car rental companies-

Hmm I will look into that $200 charge tonight. I didn't see it, but maybe when I finalize the reservation I will. We are heading down on Aug 24 to visit family for the day and then check into AKL the next day, also hit up the grocery store to get food & drinks for the trip. Then Friday 27th we are going to universal for the day so we needed a car and planning on returning the next morning to the car care center. For the rest of the trip, we will be at the WDW parks so we won't need the car and then we will take magical express when we head home. Also, don't have money to keep car the whole trip, so this is stressful. Definitely going to finalize plans tonight.

Costco is showing me both Alamo and Enterprise for picking up at MCO and dropping at the car care center. (Enterprise is cheaper). For picking up on a Saturday night and returning on Sunday morning, it says $88. We decided to rent for the whole time, so I canceled that short term res.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 2.41.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 2.41.53 PM.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 14
Costco is showing me both Alamo and Enterprise for picking up at MCO and dropping at the car care center. (Enterprise is cheaper. For picking up on a Saturday night and returning on Sunday morning, it says $88.
You can rent a car from costco? I do not have them where I live so i had no idea.

You can rent a car from costco? I do not have them where I live so i had no idea.
The savings on car rentals are a main reason I keep my membership. Plus a free 2nd driver included. You can join Costco even if there isn't one in your area to do online orders and travel.

Hmm I will look into that $200 charge tonight. I didn't see it, but maybe when I finalize the reservation I will. We are heading down on Aug 24 to visit family for the day and then check into AKL the next day, also hit up the grocery store to get food & drinks for the trip. Then Friday 27th we are going to universal for the day so we needed a car and planning on returning the next morning to the car care center. For the rest of the trip, we will be at the WDW parks so we won't need the car and then we will take magical express when we head home. Also, don't have money to keep car the whole trip, so this is stressful. Definitely going to finalize plans tonight.

Yeah, I'm thinking it has more to do with me doing a one-way rental from another area of FL and dropping it off there. I can't imagine they'd have any reason to charge it if you were renting to & from the same location.

Yeah, I'm thinking it has more to do with me doing a one-way rental from another area of FL and dropping it off there. I can't imagine they'd have any reason to charge it if you were renting to & from the same location.
Well, we would be getting from MCO and returning to car care center, so i will take a look.

The savings on car rentals are a main reason I keep my membership. Plus a free 2nd driver included. You can join Costco even if there isn't one in your area to do online orders and travel.
We do have Bj's Wholesale by us, maybe they will have something similar?

Well, we would be getting from MCO and returning to car care center, so i will take a look.

Good luck! I hope they don't charge you, I've only used it twice, but each time the CCC was super quick and easy. Had a shuttle ready and we were in and out of there in 2 minutes. It is super convenient - I tried another dummy reservation, it's still showing for me.
Have a fun, safe trip-

• CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE 11.11 PCT (11.11%)$ 69.15
  • FL WASTE TIRE/BATTERY FEE .02/DAY$ 0.14
  • SC REC - FL SURCHG RECOV 2.00/DAY$ 14.00
  • VLF REC .85/DAY$ 5.95
  • DROP FEE$ 200.00
  • SALES TAX (6.5%)$ 45.86

Good luck! I hope they don't charge you, I've only used it twice, but each time the CCC was super quick and easy. Had a shuttle ready and we were in and out of there in 2 minutes. It is super convenient - I tried another dummy reservation, it's still showing for me.
Have a fun, safe trip-

• CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE 11.11 PCT (11.11%)$ 69.15
  • FL WASTE TIRE/BATTERY FEE .02/DAY$ 0.14
  • SC REC - FL SURCHG RECOV 2.00/DAY$ 14.00
  • VLF REC .85/DAY$ 5.95
  • DROP FEE$ 200.00
  • SALES TAX (6.5%)$ 45.86
So I just made a reservation (didn't actually make it, just was playing around)and when I went to check out I saw the $150 drop fee, this is annoying!!!

I just found a crazy low rate thru UCT picking up at Avis at WDW Hilton. Anyone use this location ??

Trying to find out if National uses the Swan & Dolphin as a drop off/pick up location.

I have done this many times, however, it appears it is no longer on the National site.

So I just made a reservation (didn't actually make it, just was playing around)and when I went to check out I saw the $150 drop fee, this is annoying!!!

If they would reduce mine from $200 to $100 I'd seriously consider it vs. returning at MCO & then Ubering back to our resort.

I just found a crazy low rate thru UCT picking up at Avis at WDW Hilton. Anyone use this location ??

We've dropped off there, but it's been several years. From what I recall it wasn't a terrible place to deal with.

Trying to find out if National uses the Swan & Dolphin as a drop off/pick up location.

I have done this many times, however, it appears it is no longer on the National site.
Last I heard S&D didn't have their rental desk open. That is liable to change at any time.

I used this location several years ago. If it is the Hilton near Disney Springs it was really easy to get to. It was at the end of Disney Springs and I walked across the bridge to the hotel. Very easy. What code did you use? I need a one day rental next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter