Car Rental from MCO

famgel

Mouseketeer
Hi looking for tips in renting a car or van at MCO we have split ressies WDW & Vero (4 days)! Family of 4(2 little ones) looking for big enough car for 6'6" hubby, convenience from luggage area, and of course price! We've tried DCC but about $400! TY

Try Priceline, Hotwire, carrentals.com, Expedia.

There are only 10 on site - all the usual suspects and all about the same price. Be observant when checking - make sure you look at "Pickup Location". The cheapest offerings will usually say "Shuttle Bus". That will be an off site location. Not convenient from luggage area.

$400 is pretty close to what to expect for a small SUV...

Hi looking for tips in renting a car or van at MCO we have split ressies WDW & Vero (4 days)! Family of 4(2 little ones) looking for big enough car for 6'6" hubby, convenience from luggage area, and of course price! We've tried DCC but about $400! TY

If you need carseats and have AAA, rent the vehicles through the AAA website. You can get free car seats from Hertz and its 2 other partners.

There is a website I used (not sure if I can mention it here) that tracks car rental prices and will email you if it finds something lower. You can do a web search for "track car rental prices" and the website should be there. Beware of this since prices fluctuate hourly and you could get a lot of emails, even for a penny savings.

An alternative is to do the search daily on a consolidated website like Expedia and you'll see prices fluctuate (but book direct with the company). I've saved a lot using this method.

Last, change the times slightly for your searches to see if you get different rates. For example, if you need the car from 2pm to 10am the next morning, do a search for 2pm to 2pm and return the car early with no penalties. I've learned that prices could differ just based on the times that you enter.

Last edited:
Also try BJ's and Costco if you're a member. And do be careful about the cheap no-namers and the off site ones. You don't want to be dealing with that with little ones. Good luck!

Try Priceline, Hotwire, carrentals.com, Expedia.

There are only 10 on site - all the usual suspects and all about the same price. Be observant when checking - make sure you look at "Pickup Location". The cheapest offerings will usually say "Shuttle Bus". That will be an off site location. Not convenient from luggage area.

$400 is pretty close to what to expect for a small SUV...
Ok ty

If you need carseats and have AAA, rent the vehicles through the AAA website. You can get free car seats from Hertz and its 2 other partners.

There is a website I used (not sure if I can mention it here) that tracks car rental prices and will email you if it finds something lower. You can do a web search for "track car rental prices" and the website should be there. Beware of this since prices fluctuate hourly and you could get a lot of emails, even for a penny savings.

An alternative is to do the search daily on a consolidated website like Expedia and you'll see prices fluctuate (but book direct with the company). I've saved a lot using this method.

Last, change the times slightly for your searches to see if you get different rates. For example, if you need the car from 2pm to 10am the next morning, do a search for 2pm to 2pm and return the car early with no penalties. I've learned that prices could differ just based on the times that you enter.
Ok ty

This is a bad idea. You never know how old the seats are, how well they've been taken care of and it may be a completely different brand and mechanism than the seats you have at home. I would consider it for booster seats but no chance for any actual installed car seat. The much better choice is to bring your own seats from home, and use them on the plane. I've done this twice with my now 5 year old, he's much more comfortable on the plane in his own seat as well.

You can mention Autoslash, I have several times on these boards. Do an initial search and it will give you all of the options, including AAA, which for me has been the best rate about half the time. Then once you book fill out another form and they will let you know if and when it goes down. I had a 5 day rental in Oct at MCO that Autoslash brought down the cost 30% between when I first booked it in July and when I went.
I'm 6'3" and have never had a problem in a Standard SUV or bigger, compact SUV or standard car were hit or miss for my height. Full size car is usually fine, Minivan is always good. All of the companies that are on site are in the same place, only differing by which floor of the parking garage they are on. Last I heard they were still only open on one side of the terminal so depending on what airline you're flying it can be a bit of a haul to get to where the cars are on the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter