• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Rental Decisions...

wahmtexas

DIS Veteran
Surprised by the prices for one day car rentals! Almost as much to rent for a day on both ends of our trip than to rent from Turo for a whole week...
Need to nail this down soon...flying into Tampa next month(Tampa airport pick up w/ drop off at Disney then pick up Disney drop off at Tampa airport OR rent for the whole week from Turo...
I cannot seem to find any deals picking up from Tampa when dropping off near Disney...
Any March deals out there???

Have you tried sites like AutoSlash? Also there's always discount codes available online for you to use, just google "rental car discount codes" and you'll get a bunch of options to try. Also keep an eye on these rental car sites because their prices go up and down every single day for the most part. Over the past few months I was able to get my rental car down by about $50 for the 9 days by just checking back every so often.

Be sure to look around online at some of the Turo reviews. You are basically renting a car from a private party and there are all kinds of potential issues. Make sure you are considering the TOTAL cost of renting including all of their added/hidden 'fees'. Can end up in a dispute on subjective things like 'wear & tear' and someone running a business from the car needs the proper insurance. Personally, I would never rent from them.

right now cheapest I can get is $106 each way so $212...weekly rates start at $350 :( I keep checking but I think dropping off at Disney Car Care and picking up from there is adding to the price for convenience...just hate to spend $200+for a few hours

We used Autoslash For our November trip and paid around $230 for a 7 day MiniVan rental from Alamo.

Yes picking up at one place and dropping off at another is expensive due to the convince fee. Have you tried National Car Rental? We are picking up at Port Canaveral and dropping off at Disney using National and they were the only ones that did not charge a fee for doing so. And like PP’ers said check for discount codes. We are using one from my husband’s union. There are several out there. Good Luck.

We love Costco for car rentals. I just checked one rental in Florida and it was cheaper to pick up in Sarasota and drop off in Tampa than picking up and returning in Tampa. It really depends on which airports need the most cars.

Rates vary so much from day to day. If you book a cancel label reservation, keep checking every day and you very well may find lower rates. Some of my best rates were booked the day before pickup.

The cheapest rates seem to be picking up in Tampa and dropping off in Orlando. On Costco, I put in a random date in April and it was $42 for an SUV or full size after taxes and fees to pick up in Tampa and drop off at the car care center in Disneyworld. Seems like a good rate to me. There are about 20 different drop off places in and around Disneyworld.

I tend to save so much on car rental that it is worth the membership just for it. I also get 4% back by using their free credit card. Just saved over $400 on a monthly car rental by using Costco, and second drivers are free.

The cheapest rates seem to be picking up in Tampa and dropping off in Orlando. On Costco, I put in a random date in April and it was $42 for an SUV or full size after taxes and fees to pick up in Tampa and drop off at the car care center in Disneyworld. Seems like a good rate to me. There are about 20 different drop off places in and around Disneyworld.

I tend to save so much on car rental that it is worth the membership just for it. I also get 4% back by using their free credit card. Just saved over $400 on a monthly car rental by using Costco, and second drivers are free.
I could not find anything for less than $120 total for the same pick up and drop off during my dates for March :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter