• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car or Disney Bus from Fort Wilderness to Parks?

Gatordad815

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We typically stay offsite at WBC or Vistana but will be staying in a cabin at fort wilderness next month with our 2 & 4 year old. I know there is a boat to MK, but for the other parks would you recommend driving our own vehicle or taking bus transport? It seems very appealing to not have to deal with parking, but I'm curious if the inconveniences of waiting around for busses and lugging a stroller on board makes it worth the parking hassle? We will have a golf cart so I'm not worried about internal Fort Wilderness transport-just curious about others' experiences getting from the front of fort Wilderness to the parks. Thank you!

Hi all! We typically stay offsite at WBC or Vistana but will be staying in a cabin at fort wilderness next month with our 2 & 4 year old. I know there is a boat to MK, but for the other parks would you recommend driving our own vehicle or taking bus transport? It seems very appealing to not have to deal with parking, but I'm curious if the inconveniences of waiting around for busses and lugging a stroller on board makes it worth the parking hassle? We will have a golf cart so I'm not worried about internal Fort Wilderness transport-just curious about others' experiences getting from the front of fort Wilderness to the parks. Thank you!
last year our 4.5 year old granddaughter loved the buses. we did buses all the time. if fact she was heart broken when she found out the buses were not taking us home she had to ride in the car. to her the buses were another ride. granted we were 4 adults with her and her 4 month old sister. we had a double stroller and had more trouble fitting it open boats than we had folded up on the buses. we did not unfold stroller while waiting to park bus at the depot

We had only positive experiences with the buses at FW when we stayed there earlier this year. Buses were timely and never over crowded.

Since you will have the golf cart, you won't need to worry about internal buses. I would leave the car parked and take the bus! :)

missed the part about golf cart make sure you have some bungie cords to tie stroller in back seat area of cart. might be a tight fit with all 4 of you in front seat. I see more problems with golf cart with stroller than buses. we did not have a cart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter