car hire at CDG

mini-mse

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody
I cant believe that I was just browsing the net today and now I've booked a trip to DLRP next week...I didnt plan it as such.....it just kinda happened!! :cool1:

Anyway, got flights for a good enough price and am staying at Dreamcastle for four nights, and for the first time ever I have booked a hire car through Hertz. Now Im pretty nervous about this as Ive never driven in Paris, generally we use VEA. Anyone know where Hertz are located in Terminal 1? Are they easy to find? Will I have to go to another terminal to collect car? Is the basic insurance package sufficient? Will I ever actually find my way out of Charles De Gaulle or will I still be circling around it for years to come?? :rolleyes1 Is it difficult driving over there? We will probably just use the car to get to and from the airport and maybe as far as Val de Europe also. I cant see us going anywhere else (especially since I am the only driver in our group!) I suppose if the parks are jam packed then it might be nice to go somewhere different one of the days.

By the way, anyone know what age kids have to be to travel in the front of car? My daughter is 11 and in Ireland kids have to be 12 and over to sit in front so she is hoping that in France things are different! :bounce:

Thanks for your help and I promise I'll do a trip report when I return!

In France under 10's have to sit in the back, so you're daughter will be pleased. :)
Have driven a number of times in France, although this summer was our first trip with hire car and CDG.
We found it no problems driving.
Hire car companies are located in the car park. When heading for the exits it is well sign posted for hire car companies.
I paid the extra for insurance as the excess would have been crippling if someone had bumped the car - think it was €9/day to cover against this.

When you return your car you head back to multi-storey car park and take a ticket. There is then a ticket machine on the hire-car floor where you put the ticket back in.

Reid

I cant believe that I was just browsing the net today and now I've booked a trip to DLRP next week...I didnt plan it as such.....it just kinda happened!!

Don't you just love it when that happens :teeth:

Yep, tis great! Am so looking forward to it, and am determined not to think of my poor visa card until I come back!! ;)

Thanks Reid for the info about car hire. You make it sound easy enough so hopefully I will manage it. One thing though, are the car hire companies at every terminal? And when I return the car and park in the multi storey car park, why do I need to put ticket in machine then? Do I not have to return keys to office? Or do I just park and validate ticket? Probably stupid questions I know but am just anxious to be prepared! Im a bit of a worrier at the best of times, spent last night dreaming that I crashed hire car in airport!!

Im sure it will all turn out ok..but if any one has any more hints or tips regarding this, just let me know!

Anne Marie :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter