Captin Jacks

missmun52

DIS Veteran
What can I say? I really did not like this restaurant at all. I regret ever going. It was the most expensive restaurant with a total of about $136 for two adults and one infant. My DS has food allergies and they did noting to accommodate so the only thing he could eat was apple sauce. I would never go back here. The lobster was a step down from "Red Lobster" and the sides it came with were just plain nasty. The mashed potatoes tasted instant and burned at that, and the veggies tasted like left-overs from the night before re heated, they were horrible I could not eat them. I told the wait staff and nothing was done. I did have free dining but was disappointed I did not experience a better restaurant. I am not picky but this was so bad. My DH agreed with me 100 percent.

I will say that Spoodles, le Cellier, Boma, Hollywood and vine (Jo Jo BK) and Kona were very good and each Chef came out to speak to me and every one made something special for my DS because almost everything on every menu had something he could not eat in it. Though Boma and H & V were buffets they prepared foods not on the buffet table, I thought that was nice and they did not even charge us for him though they went the extra mile.

My favorite restaurant was Spoodles the food was so good and this is a must do for the next trip. My second favorite was Le Cellier. Man, the food was just great!

My Dh loved Le Cellier the best and Spoodles next.

The restaurants were busy and many were turned away. We saw many unhappy folks who made no reservations.

The trip was an overall success and our bill for each night just for TS was at an average of $120 per night (not including what we paid OOP for the baby) and an average of $23 for CS and $7 for Snack. That brings us to about $150 per day in food. I would get the dining plan next time because of the value. I ate almost all my food and enjoyed it all. This was such a large part of the overall experience for me and I enjoy eating at a TS every night and not worrying about the cost.

As a side note, the parks were not busy the entire time (8/27 - 9/2) except sat sun 9/27 and Sat 9/2. The longest wait was about 15 min but the vast majority of the time we waited 5 min or less for everything!! even mission space, test track, star tours, all of fantasy land in the MK, all of tomorrow land......well you get the pic. It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter