Captain Kidd's..really THAT bad?

Snowcats95

Strength, Determination, Merciless Forever!
In looking at hotels options for our next trip (as well as seeing this last couple trips ago) I saw a place called Captain Kidd's buffet by the BWPPI. It looks good in theory, but seen an avalanche of bad reviews about the food. Just curious; anyone here dined there and is it as bad as the reviews say?

Yikes !:scared: I think we'll pass on them then. Not a big fan of food poisoning, especially when on vacation, lol. Thanks rabbit!

It's absolutely the worst... Just don't do it... We tried it years ago & will never do it again. Wished I would have been on here or read reviews before hand....

If it's that bad:
1. How does it stays open all these years?
2. Can DL force them to close?
3. Anyone went there recently? I heard the DL DIS team thought about going in there and do a review :disrocks:

I'll put it this way: I wouldn't feed the food there to the stray dogs and cats that occasionally get fed by me in my back yard :sad2:

If it's that bad:
3. Anyone went there recently? I heard the DL DIS team thought about going in there and do a review :disrocks:

1. Constant supply of unsuspecting tourists.

2. Disneyland does not own the restaurant.

3. No. I haven't been. And won't go there either, not even to only use the restroom.
I don't believe the Dis Team has a strong enough stomach for that place.

:faint:

:scared:

Lol

If it's that bad:
It really benefits from its location right outside the DL gates. Some unsuspecting people walk by and think "oh look a nice pirate buffet" but then they spend the rest of the night chugging Pepto Bismol.

Anyplace with silent vendors passing out coupons in front... With nobody taking them up on them... I think they provided the breakfast buffet for BWPPI when we stayed there, but it was nothing I could make myself develop an appetite for, Starbucks in DCA got my money for the most part! And probably will again next time especially if they still have those cute pink DCA mugs that I saw online!!

We just got back from a BWPPPI visit and they do rent the upstairs of Captain Kidds to offer their complimentary breakfast. I think the breakfast is Best Western food, though, not Captain Kidd's. It was fine for my crew- it was nice to have some food in our bellies at the start of the park opening. Captain Kidd's employees would be preparing for their breakfast buffet downstairs and I always thought about the people eating there every night. The whole place feels old and a bit dirty and I am thankful I had read the awful reviews so that we weren't tempted to try it! I do think it benefits by being right across the street.

I will add my +++negative to this place. We made the mistake of eating there a number of years back and would never do it again.

We just got back from a BWPPPI visit and they do rent the upstairs of Captain Kidds to offer their complimentary breakfast. I think the breakfast is Best Western food, though, not Captain Kidd's. It was fine for my crew- it was nice to have some food in our bellies at the start of the park opening. Captain Kidd's employees would be preparing for their breakfast buffet downstairs and I always thought about the people eating there every night. The whole place feels old and a bit dirty and I am thankful I had read the awful reviews so that we weren't tempted to try it! I do think it benefits by being right across the street.

That is my understanding too. BWPPI just uses the upstairs space and provide their own food. It's not Captain Kidds food. In 2012, we stayed at BWPPI and I asked one of the BW employees working the breakfast and they confirmed that. The breakfast is standard BW breakfast food. Nothing special, but I can fill up on it and get an early start to my day at the parks. I've stayed at BWPPI 3 times and will again in August and have never experienced any illness or tummy issues from the breakfast. Neither has anyone I've traveled with.

Now, for Captain Kidd's, I've never eaten there, never will. Like others have mentioned, I stuck my head in their once to take a look and my skin crawled. The food looked bad and I didn't want to touch anything.

The BWPPI uses the space above Captain Kidd's for their breakfast, but it's not Captain Kidd's. It's nothing special, but it's no where near as bad as the Captain Kidd's reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter