Captain EO?

buttercup3

Mouseketeer
Apparently I've been hiding under a rock! We went to Disneyland in 2013 and are heading back later this year...and in looking over the app I just realized that Captain EO is missing!! Is it gone? Again?? If so, did anything replace it?

It's gone. :-(

They've put previews in the Magic Eye Theater since they pulled it out. Captain EO is gone at Epcot as well, so I doubt we'll ever see it on Disney property again. I really wish they'd put it on DVD.

Yep, Caption EO is gone. Last month, they were showing a Star Wars montage. Not quite a movie preview/trailer, though. It's more than the trailers you can get off the net. Good spot to go for a short break in the day.

Thanks guys! Super bummed, but we'll be going during the Christmas season (for the first time since I was 4!!) so hopefully I won't miss it too much ;)

You can find Captain EO on youtube. I watched it a couple of days ago :)

Yep, Caption EO is gone. Last month, they were showing a Star Wars montage. Not quite a movie preview/trailer, though. It's more than the trailers you can get off the net. Good spot to go for a short break in the day.

I agree. I am not a Star Wars fan (sorry for the blasphemy!), but even I really enjoyed the preview. It is interactive, quite fun.

Captain EO makes me a bit belligerent. I can go straight from telling someone they're being ridiculous complaining about Star Wars Land overtaking Big Thunder Ranch to screaming about how they should never take away Captain EO ever. Just love it.

Captain EO makes me a bit belligerent. I can go straight from telling someone they're being ridiculous complaining about Star Wars Land overtaking Big Thunder Ranch to screaming about how they should never take away Captain EO ever. Just love it.

Agreed! I never stepped foot in the ranch area. Had no clue DL had a petting zoo!! But how could they get rid of Captain EO? And use the theater for previews?? Makes NO sense!

At epcot, eo is gone and in its place are 3 Pixar shorts, one is an update on old Mickey cartoon. Being that I was never a Michael Jackson fan, a film with some guy grilling the hot dogs is preferrable to me.
I did like the Honey I Shrunk the audience that was once there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter