• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May or Chef de France

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi we are 3 adults and kids 10 and 9 kids all on dining plan. Which would you choose and why?

Chefs de France. We ate at Cape May two years ago with 2 adults and 3 teens. 2 of the teens were non-seafood people and all of the non-seafood items were poor (think Golden Corral quality if you are familiar with that restaurant) and they ended up going to get a meal at Crew's Cup Lounge. The seafood selection wasn't much better - the only item that was decent were the crab legs but even those were on the small side and some were cold. Also didn't like the décor - very blah. We really liked Chefs de France though. The atmosphere was nice, service was good and the food was as good as just about any we've had at Disney. We will not be returning to Cape May but are eating at Chefs again this year.

Would say that with kids in the age range of yours that Teppan Edo would be a good option. Another good restaurant with good entertainment.

I agree with PP that Cape May is more kid friendly providing the kids love their seafood. if your family doesn't love seafood, then not a great choice. If you are from the East Coast and can get fresh, high quality seafood routinely, then no, you won't be happy with Cape May. But if seafood is an expensive treat, like it is for so many of us, then it is fine. There are many different offerings including varied salads, a carvery and tasty desserts. The decor/atmosphere is not that great inside the restaurant but the Beach Club itself, the Boardwalk area and the boat ride to and from out of Epcot's International Gateway makes up for it. Chefs de France has good food. Both can be a good solid use of a TS credit on the Dining Plan. Perhaps the best way to decide is to have your family check out the menus online and look for food pics on the dis boards.

Chefs de France for sure! Tried Cape May a couple years ago because one son is a seafood lover. But we're from New England. We get real seafood up here! What they served at Cape May just didn't cut it. And for those of us who don't like seafood, the choices were even worse. I know it's popular with a lot of people, but just was a huge disappointment for us.

We tried Chefs last year and we were all very happy with our meals! The service was outstanding. And if you're on the dining plan, they have a three-course meal you can order so you can get soup, entree, and dessert. One of the few places to include an appetizer on the dining plan. The French onion soup was very good!

I'd go with Chefs de France for sure. LOVE the food here....the apps, mains and desserts! All delicious!!

I would check the menus and plan accordingly based on your individual "picky eater" needs...

My family (including daughters) love seafood, and so Cape May was a big hit. However, the Mac and Cheese at Chefs was also a big hit as well when we went there!

We love Cape May. Haven't tried Chef de France. We too are from New England but the crab legs are delicious. Just so many different choices, even if you are not a seafood lover. But...I think either choice would be an experience!

Chefs for us. We too find the seafood quality at Cape May to be poor and other items below average compared even to other Disney buffets (they used to have great desserts, not anymore).

I will be trying Chef de France for the first time in a couple of weeks so I can't yet say on this place. However, I was not impressed with Cape May (dinner) the time we ate there. I thought the crab legs were not even average and was not impressed with the buffet. But then again I personally am not impressed with most lunch/dinner buffets; they are more about quantity over quality and IMHO this is so true of Cape May as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter