• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May for Dinner?!

frozengurl

Mouseketeer
So, I don't hear much about it, it's usually not high up on the recommendation lists... However, I'm wondering why not? I mean, all you can eat crab legs right?!? So, my question is... Have you been? Is it worth it? And would you forgo dining at WS in Epcot to eat dinner at Cape May (obviously you have to be a seafood lover... Which I am) Opinions? Go!

So, I don't hear much about it, it's usually not high up on the recommendation lists... However, I'm wondering why not? I mean, all you can eat crab legs right?!? So, my question is... Have you been? Is it worth it? And would you forgo dining at WS in Epcot to eat dinner at Cape May (obviously you have to be a seafood lover... Which I am) Opinions? Go!

:thumbsup2 It has been a 'must do' for several years for us. The food is constantly replenished and seafood steamed fresh. The crab legs are full and sweet! Have never had a bad night there in all the years we have gone. There's also plenty for the non seafood eater! Yum - Yummy!!

It is our #1 must do! And the only seafood dh eats is fish - but it is still his fav!

Maybe we were there on an off day, but we booked based on rave reviews from a few friends. We were there a few weeks ago and it was terrible. It was the worst meal we had the entire trip. Don't know what it was but nothing had any flavor to it. I probably won't give it another chance, that being said I said the same thing about Coral Reef when I ate there the first time on our honeymoon. Food was terrible and I swore I would never go back. This past trip we decided last minute to try it again and really enjoyed our meal this time... so moral of the story every restaurant has a bad day and I just so happened to go to Cape May on that day... but I'm for trying everything once and if I don't like it I won't go back

We just ate there in January and loved it. Also had great options for the kids and our waiter was the best that we had the whole trip. This was after we got on the Carribean Beach bus instead of the Beach Club bus and almost missed our reservation.

We have eaten there twice and really enjoyed it. DH are his weight in the steamed mussels last year.

We had a last minute dinner here on our last trip and everyone loved it. Great seafood, and my vegetarian Aunt found lots of choices. The kids all loved their food as well.

This is really a must do for me each trip. I even pay out of pocket when i'm not on the dining plan. I don't think it has a big selection, although I am kind of picky. Really the big thing there is the crab legs and the clams, other then that to call it a seafood buffet is kind of silly in my opinion.

We love it! We are from New England and have tons of wonderful seafood so we went in a little skeptical but tried it as we were staying at Beach Club. It was great! Everything was fresh and tasty. I didn't have crab legs because it's too much effort for just a little meat but I remember enjoying the New England clam chowder, mussels and clam strips. We enjoyed it so much we went back on our last trip when we stayed at WL and getting there was out of the way. We also enjoyed breakfast here...especially the character interaction. :)

We love Cape May. It's one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip.

Maybe we were there on an off day, but we booked based on rave reviews from a few friends. We were there a few weeks ago and it was terrible. It was the worst meal we had the entire trip. Don't know what it was but nothing had any flavor to it. I probably won't give it another chance, that being said I said the same thing about Coral Reef when I ate there the first time on our honeymoon. Food was terrible and I swore I would never go back. This past trip we decided last minute to try it again and really enjoyed our meal this time... so moral of the story every restaurant has a bad day and I just so happened to go to Cape May on that day... but I'm for trying everything once and if I don't like it I won't go back

This was our experience. We were there a few weeks ago and were pretty disappointed. The chowder was good, but nothing really blew us away. With many restaurants we have eaten at at Disney, even if the food isn't knock-your-socks-off good, it will have a fun atmosphere. With Cape May, not so much. It's no more themed than a Golden Corral or a Ryan's. We likely won't be going back. Too many other fun and good options at Disney.

I am not a seafood lover, ds is and dh isn't partial to buffets...inspite of all this we love cape mays! Plenty to eat other than seafood and very clean and fresh.

Our Ratings of Cape May Buffet Dinner: (*rev 1/9/2014*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Average food quality. This is not the quality of a New England seafood buffet.
They do have crab legs, but they are smaller legs and the meat is REALLY stingy. Not
high in quality, but will do in a pinch, as will the clams or mussels. Clams are tasty, but
are smaller Littleneck clams. (Face it, you can't make big Disney profits if you use high
quality crab, clams, mussells on a medium-priced buffet.) Since the rehab, the ribs are
replaced with short ribs and the key lime tarts are gone. Oreo Bon Bons and Peanut
Butter Cookies are also gone from the buffet, but can be purchased in the resort's gift
shop. Another way to cut costs, they have replaced the corn-on-the-cob with niblets.
Absolutely pitiful way to cut things !

The new rotation for the "fried food" daily specials is:
. . . Sunday & Wednesday - fried shrimp
. . . Monday & Thursday - fried clam strips
. . . Tuesday & Friday - fried calamari
. . . Saturday, only - fried chef's choice

It is my family's favorite place to eat. Dd and I both love the dinner and dd and hd both love the breakfast. To us you can't go wrong at cape may.

DH and I didn't care for Cape Mays. Maybe it's because we're from New Orleans, but the seafood, to us, was tasteless. No flavor at all. We did have great service. I also thought the restaurant was nicely decorated.

DH and I didn't care for Cape Mays. Maybe it's because we're from New Orleans, but the seafood, to us, was tasteless. No flavor at all. We did have great service. I also thought the restaurant was nicely decorated.

We're also from the out lying area of NOLA but we love the food at Cape Mays. It's true it's not seasoned the same, nor is it the type seafood usually eaten in our area, but it is very good none the less. (We always keep Tonys with us to season when we're traveling ;)).

I was thinking of booking this for breakfast this trip but now not sure, are the characters out for dinner

mermaids1960 said:
I was thinking of booking this for breakfast this trip but now not sure, are the characters out for dinner

No... I didn't realize that dinner was no characters. Prior to our arrival we canceled our breakfast... should have canceled dinner and kept the breakfast for characters and hopefully better meal...

We're also from the out lying area of NOLA but we love the food at Cape Mays. It's true it's not seasoned the same, nor is it the type seafood usually eaten in our area, but it is very good none the less. (We always keep Tonys with us to season when we're traveling ;)).

I'm with you, we never leave home without our Tony's!!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter