Cape May Dinner - $71 if you want crab legs!?

Unfortunately most of the food at Cape May, other than the crab legs, is garbage. But you are right - Disney thinks that first-timers, out of desperation, will fill all the restaurants (they will). But once things are back to normal, CM won't be around long with this setup.

I mean you really can’t judge any of these returning buffets based on pre-covid times. Chef Mickey’s and Hollywood & Vine had some of the worst TS food on property and re-opened to rave reviews as family style. Clearly food & beverage has upped their game so I’m not willing to dismiss dinner here until after it opens and reviews start coming in. I only booked for breakfast instead for my upcoming trip because I wanted one on my pool day at YC.

I mean you really can’t judge any of these returning buffets based on pre-covid times. Chef Mickey’s and Hollywood & Vine had some of the worst TS food on property and re-opened to rave reviews as family style. Clearly food & beverage has upped their game so I’m not willing to dismiss dinner here until after it opens and reviews start coming in. I only booked for breakfast instead for my upcoming trip because I wanted one on my pool day at YC.
Hah, just shows you how subjective it is--we LOVED the buffet at H&V in 2019 but found the a la carte food a bit lackluster in 2021. Won't be back until it is a buffet.

Disney buffets were always so expensive, but it was worth it because as a buffet, there is always something for everyone and you're usually guaranteed to find something you like--try a bit of everything and get more of the good ones. Here it seems like they just took a handful of the least interesting items from the menu and stuck them on a platter. No thank you.

Hah, just shows you how subjective it is--we LOVED the buffet at H&V in 2019 but found the a la carte food a bit lackluster in 2021. Won't be back until it is a buffet.

Disney buffets were always so expensive, but it was worth it because as a buffet, there is always something for everyone and you're usually guaranteed to find something you like--try a bit of everything and get more of the good ones.
We enjoyed the fall themed selections at H&V in 2019, but the salad and beef entree in 2021 were not good- croutons were very hard, meat was salty and dry. Even the desert was off. OTOH, we enjoyed the new meal at CP (catfish and beef) and I hated the old buffet. DH really wants to try Chef Mickey's dinner (blech!) and I'm wanting to do Cape May, providing it is all-you-care-to-enjoy, since I would probably only eat the seafood options. Really didn't enjoy many of the CS meals in March, so we'll likely spend much more on TS food on August.

Cape May stinks. literally.

Agree on both counts. I am cautiously optimistic that the reinvention will be fantastic. But that smell was a no-go for me. So unappetizing to me that I've never dined there. I literally hold my breath and speed walk through that hallway at night. Will be great if this becomes a viable option. Hopefully Hurricane Hanna's expanding their offerings and the opening of Crews Cup or Yachtsman aren't too far behind.

Now I'm super sad we didn't go in 2019 on our last trip :( I figured we'd be able to go next time.
Don't be super sad, it really wasn't worth the price even as a all you can eat buffet. You'd do better to find a seafood buffet near you and enjoy at a lower price.

Agree on both counts. I am cautiously optimistic that the reinvention will be fantastic. But that smell was a no-go for me. So unappetizing to me that I've never dined there. I literally hold my breath and speed walk through that hallway at night. Will be great if this becomes a viable option. Hopefully Hurricane Hanna's expanding their offerings and the opening of Crews Cup or Yachtsman aren't too far behind.

ITA, I stayed at BC on my last trip, back in late 2019 and I quickly mastered the holding my breath and power walking thru the lobby after 4 pm maneuver lol. But I think the seafood not sitting out like that will help a lot. At least I hope so.

I’m really holding out for Crew’s Cup & Yachtman though. CC has my favorite lounge food on property besides Tambu & Nomad Lounge. I don’t feel too good about that happening before my Memorial Day trip though. :(

Is there a decent seafood buffet in Orlando?
Yes, there's a place called Boston Lobster Feast on International Drive in Orlando. They have another location closer to property in Kissimmee. We're a half hour away and go there for the all you can eat lobster!

Last edited:
Cape May May want to switch “Main” lobster to “Maine” - especially with a $35 dollar up charge

Seafood Boil
PEI Mussels, Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Cape May Clams, Sustainable Catch of the Day, Red Bliss Potatoes, and Corn. Snow Crab Legs and Whole Steamed Main Lobster available at additional cost
The lobster with the additional “e” is a further up charge.

We got priced out of Cape Mays a 4-5 years ago. Even though it was the one ADR that was the most looked forward to, the price just couldn't be justified. Now, it's even more so. Cape May's is what got us to see the whole Crescent Lake area for the first time and we fell in love with it. That was a good portion of our enjoyment of Cape Mays. Love that Boardwalk/Beach Club area. Even though we are staying a week in the Boardwalk villas this summer, sadly Cape May's is no longer on our list of must do ADR's

Our first time was 2011 back when free dining was a great offer, and for one TS credit it was a no brainer.

Dan

Born and raised New England gal here and I no longer make the mistake of ordering seafood at Disney World (particularly lobster, crab etc.) Definitely no where near worth the prices but even here where seafood is easily obtained and very fresh, prices are up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter