Cape May Cafe

CathyC

Earning My Ears
Has anyone eaten at the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe? We are staying at BCV and thought we might try that. We ussually go to either Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys but Cape May would be so convenient. Also considering the 1900 Park Fare Dinner. Thought it might be a good opportunity for DD to get a princess fix without spending my mornings on the phone trying to get PS at CRT. Comments, Suggestions?? Thanks

Cape May character breakfast is great. It features Goofy, Minnie and Chip 'n Dale. The buffet itself is very good, with a wide selection of hot & cold items, fresh fruit, granola, cereals, pastries... YUM! The characters are a lot of fun, but it is somewhat subdued compared to Chef Mickey's. The dining area is slightly smaller, which gives the characters more opportunities to come to your table for interaction.

My DW and I try for an early PS ... it's sometimes less crowded; you can often get seated right at your PS time; and the characters are less rushed to greet everyone. I highly recommend Cape May for breakfast.

Thanks for the advice. I love subdued. My kids will be 2 and 4 and the smaller less hectic atmosphere will be great for them. They might miss Mickey and Pluto but we can catch them in the parks. My dd (2) is a HUGE pluto fan. (He goes everywhere with her!) She will probably to distracted with the others that she wont notice he is missing.

I've heard how nice the CM breakfast buffet is, too. Friends who have been there said they prefer this character meal to Chef Mickey's. It is quieter, less crowded, better selection of food and more interaction time with the characters. We plan on doing the CM breakfast buffet on our upcoming trip. Enjoy!

Mick :wave2:

We try to eat there on each trip. I really like that it is less hectic then other character meals. We go around 10 and the crowd is thin. You can linger at your table and really enjoy it.

The food is very good. They have the best grits at WDW...something important to a southern girl!:D

Cape May breakfast is great. We also love 1900 Park Fare for dinner as well. Have fun.

We stayed over at the Yacht Club last summer and really enjoyed this place. It's one of the few restaurants we all loved and want to make an annual return visits. :tongue: We went for dinner and had many options. DS said this was his favorite place. What's neat besides the deco, is the kids can draw on the table (paper there) It can get busy, as the night goes on. So what we found to work for the better is, going by about an hour b4 you want to eat, and make a stand by RSVP. You will enjoy it!

We have been there twice both times for breakfast. The first time we went was about 8:30. Very busy and the character interaction was ok. The food was great. Even without the characters I would recommend it. The second time we went we we late getting to or PS by about an hour. Had to waite bout 5 min to be seated. It was almost 10:00. There was no one there. We almost had to ask teh characters to leave so our kids would eat. This restaurant is probley my second favorite character breakfast. I highley recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter