• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Cafe vs Ohana breakfast

Jacq7414

DIS Veteran
We have a late flight out our departure day so I wanted to do a character breakfast at a hotel. We plan on doing Topolino’s earlier in the week with family - so I didn’t want to repeat that. This time it’ll be just us and maybe my parents because our flight home is 3 pm and my brother’s family at is 8 am. My parents will have a car, so getting there shouldn’t be an issue.

So ohana or cape may? Or should we just stay classic and do Chef Mickeys? I was leaning towards Cape May because I think my daughter would like the characters in their beach attire. I guess I’ll have to see if the same characters are there when they return. Anyone been to both and have a favorite?

Cape May sounds like a winner for you.
Do you know, does it smell like seafood in the mornings there?

Cape May sounds like a winner for you.
Do you know, does it smell like seafood in the mornings there?
I have no idea. We stayed at Beach Club in April but didn’t go to cape May. I wish they added this character dining back earlier 😂

I'd go with Cape May for two reasons:
1) I have a STRONG preference for the Boardwalk venue
2) I think the food is much better at Cape May--I was at Ohana recently and I was really unimpressed with food quality

If it does not have to be character the best breakfasts are Boma at AKL, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, and Ale & Compass at YC.

'Ohana breakfast is fabulous with consistently good service.

Yes, the air around Cape May does smell like overused frying oil and fish. We often hold our breath while going past it.

I would go with Cape May for the buffet. We went there for dinner the other week and I didn't notice the smell (and I hate the smell of fish).

Ohana is one of my personal favorites, but the family-style meals have been a little hit-or-miss the last year. Unless you are a huge Lilo and Stitch fan or if you are on the monorail loop, I think that Cape May is the better option.

We also went to Chef Mickey's and while it is a lot of food, it is not worth the price.

If it does not have to be character the best breakfasts are Boma at AKL, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, and Ale & Compass at YC.
We wanted to do a character meal since our daughter likes that the best and thought it would be a fun way to end the trip. I’m still hoping they add back Bon voyage breakfast.

I have dreams about those blueberry bacon pancakes from Ale & Compass.

Last edited:
I've been to both Character meals and I much prefer Cape May. And in the morning, it doesn't seem to me to have that strong seafood smell. But when I stay at BCV and go by there at night, I often hold my breath.

I think particularly with the car I'd stick with Cape May since you never know if you'll be able to park at the Poly or end up at the TTC.

I've been to both Character meals and I much prefer Cape May. And in the morning, it doesn't seem to me to have that strong seafood smell. But when I stay at BCV and go by there at night, I often hold my breath.
So for now, no characters at Cape May and Ohana has Stitch back? What characters are at Topolinos

So for now, no characters at Cape May and Ohana has Stitch back? What characters are at Topolinos
Mickey, Minnie, Donald & Daisy.

Both Cape May & a ohana get their characters back in the fall. Neither have them right now

Cape May has way more variety food wise than Ohana, assuming the buffet is coming back. Also, Lilo and Stitch may not be as recognizable to some kids as the classic characters at Cape May. I hands down prefer breakfast at Cape May. IMO, Ohana breakfast is extremely basic, although I do like the atmosphere.

I’ve been to cape May breakfast many times before and after Covid and have always enjoyed it. I don’t think it smells like seafood in the morning. Does your daughter have a character preference? The food appeals to me more than what’s offered at Ohana. Although I’ll be booking that for the first time for my daughter since she loves lilo and stitch

We went to both in the beginning of July . Personally I like the food better at Ohana’s so does my entire family . There is nothing we dislike on the menu . The pineapple coconut bread is far superior to the cinnamon bread at Cape May . We love the family style at Ohana . Cape May is a buffet and most tables are booths so up and down, in and out , can I get up for more food etc . It’s kind of a pain . If you do choose Cape May , the omelette station is a nice touch . The chocolate chip pancakes are yummy as are the Mickey waffles of course . Character wise we don’t love lilo and stiitch so it was nice to pay $25 without characters. Mickey is usually there when they have characters so that’s a plus . At Cape May I believe it used to be Minnie , Goofy and Donald . Not 100 percent on that though . It’s been a while . They are both worth the $25 without characters. We just love Ohana more .

Been to both we prefer Cape May over Ohana... Ohana has scrambled eggs and Waffles as mains... thats about it. Cape May has a lot more offerings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter