Cape May Cafe at Beach Club Opens....but Crab Legs are Add-on

Einstein509

Mouseketeer
So I recently saw Cape May Cafe opened at the Beach Club. We are DVC owners at BCV and we really enjoyed eating some snow crab legs at the buffet prior to the pandemic. The restaurant now opened as an all-you-care-to-enjoy dining experience with the food brought to your table (as other former buffets around WDW). As it currently stands, the price for the all-you-care-to-enjoy meal is $42 for adults and $25 for children. This is around the same price it was prior to the pandemic, but back then it included snow crab legs on the buffet. Now, snow crab legs are a $29 per lb add-on. WHAT!?!?!?! In my opinion, that is nuts and maybe the new normal going forward. My DW mentioned that even as things return to normal, we may never see crab legs on the buffet again. As a result, we likely won't be dining there as the all-you-can-eat crab legs were the draw for us. What are your thoughts on this development?

I didn't see other thread do this is new info for me. We won't be going back to Cape May. Was not a fave of ours anyway and now this. No thanks. For over $70, I'd rather go to Tiffins or Cali Grill or Boathouse.

Since you asked.....
We went in 2012. Price was high as expected. Service was terrible which wasn't expected. Finally, we were there for the good stuff- crab legs not the cheap stuff-mac and cheese. The bins of good stuff were empty for most of our meal.
We thought we might give them another chance but because of this change it's now a one and done. We are local and there is a couple of really good all you can eat seafood buffets just off of property that fill the bill....

Just watched some vloggers on Youtube eating and reviewing this new dining experience at Cape May Cafe. The food was sub-par and they said this used to be one of their favorite buffets, now it ranks very low on their list. They won't be going back until all the menu items come back on the buffet.

We have it reserved for the last night of our trip as we are staying at BC and it would be convenient. I'll check out some of the reviews and decide if we keep the ADR or not. I would rather go to the Boathouse, but am not sure if we'll make it to DS this trip. I understand the supply of crab is quite diminished this year which may explain why they can't offer this as an AYCTE item currently. They might not be able to keep enough crab in stock to fill that kind of demand.

I watched a You Tube review and they were unhappy with their table. Which was odd to me. It seemed fine. And not pleased the crab legs were not part of it but, overall, were okay with the meal. And DH, who never was 100% fan of Cape May, watched and said it all looked good to him and well worth the $42. We just paid around that at Liberty Tree and that was meh. This does look better. We would not upgrade to the crab legs as they have always been scrawny and unimpressive there anyway. I booked for June in case we get back down.

Also, I wish they stick with the family style platters at the buffets. I hate standing in lines at the buffet and get grossed out when I see kids putting hands in (or even adults).

DFB had a review and it looks good to me. Even without the crab legs or lobster you get a lot for $42. It even includes lobster mac & cheese!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...fe-in-disney-world-and-were-not-mad-about-it/
I think you only get the Lobster Mac n chz if you order it as your entree. It probably doesn’t come if you order any of the other 3 entrees. Guess you could order that and another person order seafood boil, you can share both and request more if it’s less than all you care to eat, lol.
A740AAD3-A611-4ADC-AAD9-76D6905C64EE.png

It’s family style as replacement for a buffet so I think the way they do it is you get a platter of each entree. Notice it says for the plant-based one, “on request”, as in you get the other 3 but you have to request the plant-based one.

Also, this from the DFB review says the lobster mac is included.

“Not listed here is an included Lobster Mac and Cheese as well that we were very excited to try!”

There was also somebody who posted here not too long before Cape May opened that is a server there who said the entrees were all included.

I think you only get the Lobster Mac n chz if you order it as your entree. It probably doesn’t come if you order any of the other 3 entrees. Guess you could order that and another person order seafood boil, you can share both and request more if it’s less than all you care to eat, lol.
View attachment 576945
From what I understand you get all three. You don’t pick an entree.

From what I understand you get all three. You don’t pick an entree.
It’s family style as replacement for a buffet so I think the way they do it is you get a platter of each entree. Notice it says for the plant-based one, “on request”, as in you get the other 3 but you have to request the plant-based one.

Also, this from the DFB review says the lobster mac is included.

“Not listed here is an included Lobster Mac and Cheese as well that we were very excited to try!”

There was also somebody who posted here not too long before Cape May opened that is a server there who said the entrees were all included.
Wow, that’s a pretty good value then. If you go alone that’s a lot of food! 😛

Glad to see they are offering family style-how does this work for kids food selections?

There is a shortage of crab legs. Even my local buffet that serves them can’t right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter