• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Breakfast Question

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Hi friends - I am looking to get input and I appreciate your help (in advance).

I am looking to get a Cape May Breakfast Reservation for August 15th any time. I have been religiously checking and have paid 2 search engines to notify me incase something were to pop available (I know there is still time) but - I was recently told that there is an option to join a walk up list for that restaurant -

If I were to have no luck securing an actual time and opt to walk up and wait it out (there is 2 of us) --- are they suggesting that you will (eventually) be seated if you join the walk up que? Or is there a chance you will literally sit hours upon hours all through breakfast and not be sat and ultimately told that they could not ever fit you in? Has that happened to anyone?

I thank you for your input :)

I am looking to get a Cape May Breakfast Reservation for August 15th any time. I have been religiously checking and have paid 2 search engines to notify me incase something were to pop available (I know there is still time) but - I was recently told that there is an option to join a walk up list for that restaurant -

If I were to have no luck securing an actual time and opt to walk up and wait it out (there is 2 of us) --- are they suggesting that you will (eventually) be seated if you join the walk up que? Or is there a chance you will literally sit hours upon hours all through breakfast and not be sat and ultimately told that they could not ever fit you in? Has that happened to anyone?

Walk up waitlist via the app is the same as putting your name down with the hostess for the next available table for your party size. You WILL be seated if you join the walk up waitlist.

I'm really surprised you can't find any reservations. We will be at BC last week of July into first week of Aug and Cape May has numerous open slots every day of our trip.

There is a chance this restaurant is going to be closed for refurbishment during your trip, because the lack of availability is puzzling, to say the least. I can STILL make a breakfast ADR literally any day of my trip at a time of my choosing. Something has to be going on by August 15. They have begun the lobby refurbishment. Perhaps that hallway will be undergoing work, requiring the restaurant to temporarily close.

I'm with DLgal, Cape May isn't exactly a hard to get ADR so something must be going on with the system to not allow it. I just searched early August and there's plenty of breakfast reservations. If it is actually open when you go, you can look at the walkup waitlist and it will tell you an expected wait time so you have an idea before you join the walkup list. It's spotty and not always working in the app showing wait times but yesterday, walk up wait times were there. I know today I just checked a bit ago and they're gone. I also know ride wait times aren't working today either. Gotta love disney IT.

Also, you can ask a hostess.

I find Cape May surprisingly hard this time around as well. We have a reservation in about a week, but I didn’t get our desired time. I’ve been checking periodically and also put in a reservation finder request through TP without any luck. As of now, there are no breakfast reservations available at all for our date. Maybe it has become more popular?

I have no experience with the waitlist, but the last time we ate there (early 2020), we had to wait around 30 minutes past our reservation time. There was a long line at the check in desk as well. I’m not sure if that bodes well for a walk up.

I work dinner at Cape May. There is no word of us closing for a rehab in the near future. I'm not sure how they do the walk up wait list in the morning but I rarely hear of them turning anyone away. Yes, you might have to wait for a table but a party of 2 is much easier to seat than a party of 5+. As it gets closer, if you are still not able to get a reservation, message me and I will see if I can make some magic.

I've been trying for August 15 also. I've found availability August 14 and the 16th. Just not the 15 - for any time or group size. I'm curious too!!

I work dinner at Cape May. There is no word of us closing for a rehab in the near future. I'm not sure how they do the walk up wait list in the morning but I rarely hear of them turning anyone away. Yes, you might have to wait for a table but a party of 2 is much easier to seat than a party of 5+. As it gets closer, if you are still not able to get a reservation, message me and I will see if I can make some magic.
You are the best! Thank you I will keep you in the loop. I really thank EVERYONE for their time and input. My 21 year old daughter almost had me convinced it was just the same as when we did the Cake Decorating Class at Amorette's (they did not give the reservation system their availability for our month until well after the booking window for our trip) -- but I could see dates around my needed date (with availability) ... so odd because its not a weekend for goodness sakes. It is quite possible that its getting a push on TikTok (my daughter was the one asking me to snag this reservation) and I do believe that she heard about it through that ap. Anyways - I will certainly keep my eyes peeled for my date but so absolutely nice to know I've got friends to calm my nerves about wait list and options :sunny:

I've been trying for August 15 also. I've found availability August 14 and the 16th. Just not the 15 - for any time or group size. I'm curious too!!
Wishing you some pixie dust - maybe we will be there at the same time !

Add me to the list who is trying to get Cape May breakfast. I am going Labor Day weekend, which I know is more busy. However, it seems very odd that there were literally no times available at 60+5.

Add me to the list who is trying to get Cape May breakfast. I am going Labor Day weekend, which I know is more busy. However, it seems very odd that there were literally no times available at 60+5.
Which day are you trying for? I was able to get the 1st with no issues

UPDATE YALL! --- I hate to admit this but, I just could not swallow the fact that August 14th was available - August 16th was available but nothing on the 15th. Especially after hearing that Cape May is generally not "booked" - so I called Dining on the Disney Line and spoke to a Cast Member and she was able to look on August 15th and see that there were names listed for lunch and dinner but nothing for breakfast. She thought it was odd as well so she said she was "Escalating" the Issue to someone higher. It took some time but what I took away from the conversation was that even though there is nothing Noted about the Cape May being closed for Breakfast on August 15th - for some reason - they are not allowing booking for breakfast and the Supervisor highly discouraged me from attempting to walk up to be seated because whether its for inter restaurant reasons or private reasons they would not be doing breakfast that day.

I have to say - I am not too sure about the answer I got and I plan to still keep an eye on the date - but I reluctantly made a reservation for the 16th (which is readily available) --- I would not be uneasy about the answer I got had it not changed a couple times before I got to the Supervisor who was Polite but Firm about the answer.

UPDATE YALL! --- I hate to admit this but, I just could not swallow the fact that August 14th was available - August 16th was available but nothing on the 15th. Especially after hearing that Cape May is generally not "booked" - so I called Dining on the Disney Line and spoke to a Cast Member and she was able to look on August 15th and see that there were names listed for lunch and dinner but nothing for breakfast. She thought it was odd as well so she said she was "Escalating" the Issue to someone higher. It took some time but what I took away from the conversation was that even though there is nothing Noted about the Cape May being closed for Breakfast on August 15th - for some reason - they are not allowing booking for breakfast and the Supervisor highly discouraged me from attempting to walk up to be seated because whether its for inter restaurant reasons or private reasons they would not be doing breakfast that day.

I have to say - I am not too sure about the answer I got and I plan to still keep an eye on the date - but I reluctantly made a reservation for the 16th (which is readily available) --- I would not be uneasy about the answer I got had it not changed a couple times before I got to the Supervisor who was Polite but Firm about the answer.

Cape May isn't open for lunch so it's strange that the dining cast member was able to see reservations for lunch. I am going to pass this on to my manager so they can take a look and figure out why you can't book for breakfast.

Cape May isn't open for lunch so it's strange that the dining cast member was able to see reservations for lunch. I am going to pass this on to my manager so they can take a look and figure out why you can't book for breakfast.
Thank you - I swear it just makes no sense to me especially because no one seems to know why. I am starting to feel like I sound entitled to know why but for the sake of those of us who like to plan our trip - I think it would be nice to be able to have had a straight answer

I don't know about the walk up, but I had the same issue trying to book a breakfast for my trip this past April. Keep checking. I looked every day and a spot opened up about 2 weeks before our trip.

Sorry to dredge up something older-
Any idea why Cape May is IMPOSSIBLE to book for breakfast this early Fall?

As in not a single opening from September 14-October 17. I went day by day after I got frustrated, and there are I think 7 times TOTAL in the next 60 days. (all in the next 4 weeks) That doesn't seem normal. Usually I can't get the exact time, but I've never had entire weeks where there is nothing before. Dinner is showing, I can go 10 times a night, but not for breakfast.

Figured it out- I there are openings ALL OVER the place (like every 15 minutes many days) if you are 4 or fewer people. There is NOTHING if you are a party of 5+

Interesting that those search engines are back in business….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter