• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape Canaveral Hotel before cruising recommendations

We have stayed at 2 local hotels:

Holiday Inn resort is very nice. We stayed there this past July for two nights before our cruise. Booked a long time out and got a great 2 bedroom suite for about $270 per night. Lots for the kids to do and and easy walk to the beach. ***WARNING*** Expect a hard sell when you check in. They push timeshares. If you are OK with saying "NO" and not "maybe", they get it fairly quickly.

Residence Inn is nice also. Stayed there in 2013 for one night. 2 bedroom for about $220.

Have stayed at the Hoilday Inn Express three times. We take the shuttle the hotel offers and we get dropped off at the Disney Terminal. Ron Jon surf shop is close (not walking) and the beach is just a short walk across the street. Super easy to to leave your car at the hotel. I personally have never been offered a time share.

We usually stay in Country Inn Suites. Its the closest resort to the port, has a comp breakfast and shuttles to the port. It also has rooms that overlook the terminal.

Have stayed at Country Inn and Suites and Comfort Inn. In my opinion, Country Inn and Suites is far better as far as upkeep. However, Comfort Inn is at a much better location if you don't have a car and want to do some shopping. There's a number of stores and restaurants right there. It's a bit more of a walk to get somewhere from Country Inn and Suites.

One neat thing, if the weather is clear, from the upper floors of the Country Inn and Suites, you can see the tops of the cruise ships in the morning!

I've stayed at the Radisson. I like the pool area. $150 a night and free shuttle to port if you book that package. Email Joe at the hotel and tell him rates at other hotels and what you are looking for and he'll book it. I've stayed there 3 times.
they are renovating so hopefully some rooms will be nicer next March. I've had a bad room/bad pull out bed. so i stick to rooms with 2 kings or two queens.

Country Inn and Suites is my choice for port. Stayed three times and reserved for visit four next year. The pricing has been good, the rooms are comfortable, and we like the included breakfast -- get there early though as it gets busy.

If I do the park and cruise at Country Inn do they shuttle from the Port to the hotel for free or is there a charge?

Have stayed at the Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, 4 points Sheraton, Doubletree and Marriott Residence Inn. Hands down our favorite is the Marriott Residence Inn. Stayed there several times and is our go to hotel by the port. Great suites, great staff, great hot breakfast buffet included, nice pool, close to the port (right next to Country Inn & Suites).

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter