Capa vs Bull and Bear

rockpiece

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We have a reservation booked and both for this Monday and trying to figure out which one to go with. We are big fans of the Disney steakhouses and signature restaurants like Le Cel, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, etc and wanted to try one of these after seeing Paging Mr Morrows video of his experience at Bull and Bear but we really want to try Capa as well. I was able to book both and we cannot decide, the menu looks fantastic at both. I was trying to get feedback on them for someone who has been to both. Whichever one we don't go to we will most likely go to on our next trip.

Thanks.

Yikes. What a tough choice. I adore both and you cannot go wrong!

I think Capa is more of an event, if that makes sense. The resort is spectacular, can really make a night of it. The rooftop bar is spectacular, especially timed with sunset. Open kitchen. The legendary Four Seasons service. Fireworks views are incredible (they do not or at least didn't when we dined there, pipe the music in but will time your meal around them if you tell your server you want to step out to see them. Can see both MK and EP fireworks but too far away to see any projections).

B&B is more of a traditional steakhouse. Darker, more cozy. Still stellar service and actually many tableside preparations for things (caesar salad, fried chicken, sole, and more). You get a whole team of servers that ensure you're never wanting for anything.

I'd say Capa is more modern and glam vibe and B&B is more traditional and hearty/comfort. But both phenomenal and you won't be disappointed!

Please let us know what you pick and how the meal is!

I love a question with no wrong answers!!!!

We are huge fans of B&B which we visit almost monthly. That makes us regulars there and we get treated very well (and we tip very well) so it's hard for us to go elsewhere when considering a special night out.

Having said that, we've also been to Capa a couple of times and it is indeed a very nice restaurant. There is also a chance to catch the fireworks from there if the timing is right.

We have been to B&B a few times and loved it for the Steakhouse vibe. We too have wanted to try Capa but I sadly haven't figured how to get a ressie. They don't seem to be on Disney or Open Tables. Do you call directly to the restaurant and how far in advance do they take ressies? TIA

We have been to B&B a few times and loved it for the Steakhouse vibe. We too have wanted to try Capa but I sadly haven't figured how to get a ressie. They don't seem to be on Disney or Open Tables. Do you call directly to the restaurant and how far in advance do they take ressies? TIA
I found them on Open Table but you had to go through their website. Here is the link: https://www.opentable.com/restref/client/?restref=139492&corrid=79d225ab-dbe5-42e5-853e-0a46653bc85f

Just wanted to say I think @2xcited2sleep pretty much nailed it with their descriptions of both, in my humble opinion.

Personally I think Capa is a better physical setting overall so that would sway my vote, but really not a wrong answer here.

Have fun!

I dined at both on back-to-back nights in December 2022. I found Capa to be very good, but Bull & Bear was extraordinary. I had very different dishes at both (pork belly app, filet and mashed potatoes at Capa and pasta explosion and "fried chicken" at Bull & Bear), so I'm not comparing apples to apples in terms of food, but I STILL dream about my meal at Bull & Bear a year later. It will be the first reservation I make the next time I find myself in the Orlando area.

Bull & Bear was absolutely fantastic.

For drinks: I got the old fashioned, I really wanted to do the old fashioned that came in the Bull but you had to have a minimum of 3 people so they brought me one in the lantern for the cool presentation.

Appetizers: We did the Pasta Explosion, Fried Chicken and a side of Gnocchis. Honestly the Pasta Explosion was the worst thing we had and it was still amazing, just didn't wow us like everything else. I know alot of people say this but that is the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life. You need to get this as an appetizer at least.

Main Course: 2 of us split the tomahawk and 2 others split the chateaubriand. This was one of the best steaks I have had in my life. There was so much flavor and it literally melted in my mouth. Absolutely fantastic.

The service was absolutely incredible and I really enjoyed how everything was served table side. I cannot say enough good things about this place and we will be going back for sure.

Attachments

• 3B40488E-4939-4CE9-8AB9-B0C26FFC654D.JPG
    3B40488E-4939-4CE9-8AB9-B0C26FFC654D.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6461.JPG
    IMG_6461.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.03.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.03.11 PM.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.03.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 2.03.29 PM.png
    371 KB · Views: 18

For drinks: I got the old fashioned, I really wanted to do the old fashioned that came in the Bull but you had to have a minimum of 3 people so they brought me one in the lantern for the cool presentation.

Appetizers: We did the Pasta Explosion, Fried Chicken and a side of Gnocchis. Honestly the Pasta Explosion was the worst thing we had and it was still amazing, just didn't wow us like everything else. I know alot of people say this but that is the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life. You need to get this as an appetizer at least.

Main Course: 2 of us split the tomahawk and 2 others split the chateaubriand. This was one of the best steaks I have had in my life. There was so much flavor and it literally melted in my mouth. Absolutely fantastic.

The service was absolutely incredible and I really enjoyed how everything was served table side. I cannot say enough good things about this place and we will be going back for sure.
YUM OMG

Glad you enjoyed it!!! Our next visit there is a week from today. We typically get the pasta explosion and the chateaubriand for two when we go. When we go will a larger group we sometimes order the Fried Chicken as an appetizer for the table. It's sooooo gooooood!

Glad you enjoyed it!!! Our next visit there is a week from today. We typically get the pasta explosion and the chateaubriand for two when we go. When we go will a larger group we sometimes order the Fried Chicken as an appetizer for the table. It's sooooo gooooood!
...and all of a sudden, our next B&B night is tomorrow instead of next Friday. Yum!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter