Can't Wait for Some Warmth

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by morrik5, Dec 29, 2017.

1. morrik5

morrik5 1336 miles from our favorite campground

Here in Ontario, Canada yesterday was -14.8 degrees F and today is 3.2, April can't come soon enough for our Fort Wilderness trip.

2. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

Thanks for the conversion to Fahrenheit for us metric challenged Americans. We have a slight reprieve today in St Louis. High is supposed to be almost 30F. Started out about 10 this morning, but we are back in the deep freeze tomorrow with overnight lows at or below 0 with highs in the teens. Looks like it will be that way until after next weekend.

I really don't like Winter.

j

Hopefully, starry_solo and morrik5 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rajak73

rajak73 DIS Veteran

Well it was 26 yesterday, warmest day of the week, talking New Year Eve with a wind chill of -30. Good thing We stay home. The Older we get the more we don't like the winters either.

Hopefully likes this.
  5. morrik5

I didn't factor in the windchill but know we broke the record from 1960.

6. Teamubr

We are no where near records with this. The Midwest has really crazy fluctuations in the winter. Back in 2013, we started the race season at the track in St Louis in Mid March. Saturday was great. Mostly sunny and 60s. Saturday night into Sunday it snowed 18 inches and the high Sunday was about 20. We flew to Disney on Monday and I didn't vthink the airport would be open, but we made our 6am flight.

I think the all time record low in StL is -19F.

j

Hopefully and morrik5 like this.
  7. team bradfield

team bradfield happy campers

we got a break today, 14 F, tomorrow back down to 1 for high -9 for low, no break in sight. we have FW last 2 weeks of March, cant wait

8. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

I'm posting in the Jan trip report thread but we're doin' fine down here in the Keys. Had to run the Suburban's AC the last hour or two. Bama Ed

Resized_20171229_140936_3813.jpeg

9. Teamubr

YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!

Posting that 83 degrees twice is REALLY not nice. It is 25 here right now. Tomorrow night should be below 0. I hope it makes it all the way down to you. :-)

Actually one of the things I remember from the Key West tour was the all time record low temp in Key West was 41. Then I thought, it has never been below freezing there.

j

Hopefully, tigger92662 and FtW Mike like this.
  10. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Our kitchen sink cold water pipe froze during the day today. We left it dripping overnight but turned it off this morning. Kitchen thermometer read 12 but with wind chill it was below zero during the day. We are west of Boston with really cold weather.

11. snowmedic

snowmedic 1500 MIles From the Fort.

Sorry to hear about your pipes. You where able to get them thawed out alright?

We had a high of 2 around noon.

12. FtW Mike

FtW Mike DIS Veteran

When I went out at 7pm here in De. it was 17 F. After a high I saw of 27 at 2:30pm
    Jim I so agree that Bama Ed is Not Playing well with the rest of us. It could be time to reach out and have a bushy tailed reception committee waiting for him

Teamubr likes this.
  13. tigger92662

tigger92662 They're not really rules, More like guidelines

In some strange way, I think the cold weather for me as a midwesterner, makes me appreciate it that much more when it hits 50 on up. :confused3

morrik5 likes this.
  14. tigger92662

tigger92662 They're not really rules, More like guidelines

Oh, and by the way. It's 9:30pm here in the Chicago area and I'm headed out the door to snow blow the driveway. WHEEE!

2goofycampers and garneska like this.
  15. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Yes, Thanks for asking. I think I caught it pretty quickly. I had the cabinet doors to the sink open all day. The old hairdryer to the pipe trick worked after about 10 minutes. DH doesn't think it was frozen very long. We were really lucky. It is 4 right now, so warmer than yesterday morning and everything is flowing. (Left everything dripping over night)

morrik5 likes this.
  16. morrik5

We looked outside and decided the snowblower will come out in the morning, now just waiting for hubby to get up to do it -12c here today and lots of NY celebrations affected by calls for the extreme cold and snow. (-12 = 10.4f)

tigger92662 likes this.
  17. rajak73

rajak73 DIS Veteran

Is that all? LOL, lowest temp recorded in Lincoln, Ne has been, -33F and lowest in state has been -46f. Wind chill is going to be brutal here the next couple of days, they cancelled fireworks on New Years Eve in Omaha because of expected wind chill temps. You are right, Bama Ed does not play nice with others LOL!

tigger92662 likes this.
  18. Teamubr

Thank you for another reason I don't want to live in NE. :D

Actually, I don't want to stay here either.

Florida or the Gulf coast is looking good.

j

tigger92662, Hopefully and rajak73 like this.
  19. snowmedic

snowmedic 1500 MIles From the Fort.

Found a job down in Pensacola for a 3 year project, paying a little more an hour, but can’t talk the wife into relocating.

20. morrik5

Looking good until you have to run from the hurricanes lol. Must be somewhere there's a happy medium :D

tigger92662, Cotillard and Teamubr like this.
  21. friendofeeyore

friendofeeyore Mouseketeer

We in central Tx had a huge snow storm few wks ago that we didn't know was coming. We have had a cold winter this year. Normally Christmas Day is in the 80's , not this year. All be safe if you have to travel.

tigger92662 and Teamubr like this.