• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't wait for AP any longer!

D

DisneyVa.

This will be our 12th trip to the world this summer. Like everyone else I have been waiting forever for AP rates. I have never had to wait this long for discounts. I usually book anywhere from 8 to 10 months in advance with some discount or code. Last year I booked the CR at $139 with a DC rate in January for our August trip, and stayed at the Swan in December on a teacher's rate of $129. We already have our airline tickets (2 months ago) for this summer. A great rate of $118 round trip from Va. Also lucked into a great rental car rate at National of $124 per week. We are staying for 16 nights. So what's the problem???? No place to stay. As you can see I like good deals. After talking not only to The Disney Club tonight and CRO as well with no luck, I decided I had to have something. I booked the Holiday Inn Family Suites. Yes I know I will probably be called a traitor for going off property. Oh well. My son really liked their web page and the kid suites. I got a 3 room kid suite for $99 per night (with tax $110.94) using the Entertainment card rate. This also includes breakfast for everyone in the family everyday. No money down, and you can cancell up to the day of arrival. I figure I now at least have a place to stay. If any good deals open up on property I can always change or split our stay since we are staying for so many nights. Anyone ever stay here? Hope I made a good choice!

You will love HIFS!!! It's a terrific resort, and practically onsite.

We stayed there last summer and it was only minutes to the parks :). My kids loved the kidsuites, the children's activities (free), and the pool.

We are staying there again this trip for 2 nights just to relax from our drive and enjoy the hotel.

Have a great trip!

Teresa

Dear Teresa,
Thank you for your positive response. it made me feel better this morning. Any suggestions for room location? We like it quiet.
Thanks, Nancy

My cousin is there right now for his first stay there, and first trip to WDW. He says the hotel is great, and finds it a bargain to feed himself, DW, and 3 teenage boys for free every morning.

The buildings with the kidsuites are in the East Track Courtyard. They are buildings 6 - 14.

Most any room that is not on the first floor and not facing the pool will be quiet.

If you are looking to be slightly away from the lobby area (the walk is an easy one), then I would request buildings 10, 12, or 13. They are likely to be the most peaceful.

Buildings 13/14 (assuming no trees are blocking your view) when you are on the outisde, you should be able to see the upper fireworks from Illuminations! We were coming back one evening and saw them from the parking lot!

If you are looking at the main page on their website. The East Track Building # 6 starts on the right side of the square, at the bottom. Building 7 is above it, still on the right side. Building #8 is at the top of the picture, on the right side, building #9 is at the top on the left, building #10 is on the left side of the square (we were here. #11 is the building that is turned sideways....and so on :).

Hope this helps!

Teresa

It's a great hotel! We stayed in July 2001 and had a great time! We were on the first floor facing the pool and it WAS loud! Thank God they close the pool at 11pm! LOL! The kids' room was quiet though, it was just the adult room that was loud. I would just ask not to be on the first floor. It's less than a mile from Disney World, just make sure you get directions on how to get BACK to the hotel. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter