Can't stand the 180 day reservation rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unfair that this thread has taken up so much of my time that I can't get back! :headache:

What's not fair is that for everyone of us that gets to go to Disney, there are thousands of other folks will never have a chance to go at all. So we should be careful about whining too much about not getting the ADR we think is so essential to our satisfaction. Kind of makes us look greedy.

For grins, I just checked to see what I could get for dinner tomorrow, for a party of four. Here are some notable choices:

Akershus, at either 5:15 or 8:45
California Grill, at 9:40 (with Wishes at 10)
Cape May, plenty of choices (AYCE crab legs at $40pp? Sign me up!)
Chef Mickey 5:35
Garden Grill at 5:35 or 6:50
HDDR, any show.
Le Cellier, though only early (4:30) or late (8:45)
The Plaza at 6:45
Teppan Edo, but only late at 8:55
Whispering Canyon at 5:15 or 7:50

There are plenty of others, and that's only one day in advance, during peak summer.

Of course the only one I'd consider eating at would be CG:)

But point made!!

Can we just close this thread? The OP doesn't want options, help or anything except to vent and Godwin the conversation (really? Nazis?). And I'm getting tired of the ranting, here's the reality, at 180 days you will have a harder time booking at BoG or CRT for a party of 8. I know, I just did it. I had to stalk MDE to get what I wanted. At 100 days or so is when I got it. I dealt with it.
Unsubscribing. If I want to listen to whining I have my 2 year old.

You dont have to keep coming back to the thread. You know this, right?

Just wanted to update the thread to say that Disney made it right.

After talking to customer service who recommended I talk to the concierge at my hotel who himself said that it was unfair, he gave me an email for complaints and they said they were very sorry I wasn't able to book earlier and said many people do believe it is unfair and got me reservations for all the restaurants I wanted at pretty darn good times.

Good on Disney :) :banana:

After talking to customer service who recommended I talk to the concierge at my hotel who himself said that it was unfair, he gave me an email for complaints and they said they were very sorry I wasn't able to book earlier and said many people do believe it is unfair and got me reservations for all the restaurants I wanted at pretty darn good times.

:rotfl2:

Then Walt stopped spinning in his grave long enough to rise up and shake the OP's hand!!!

I'm going to need some popcorn:: for the responses from people who believe this actually happened.

Okay, I've stayed out of this, even though I've read the entire thing. But now I'm thinking I have to say something. This, my friends, is what I call unfair. But I guess the squeaky wheel always gets the grease, so to speak. I think it's completely "unfair" that instead of taking the time to plan your trip or hire someone to do it that you instead chose to call and whine and have Disney wave the magic wand to fix it for you. Although for some reason I have my doubts that a concierge at the hotel "agreed" with you and actually said the policy is unfair.

Coming in late, but I just want to say that we normally book everything a year out, and I get to plan and re-plan everything for 6 months before every vacation, and get up at 5:30am to book that morning....

However this trip, was done last minute, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the places I wanted as well. It took some persistance, and double and triple checking single every day, but in the end, I was able to get everything I wanted - Even O'hana (not that I took it, but I could have... lol). I wasn't interested in CRT or BOG, so I can't speak for those two places, but like I said - With some persistance, and extra pixie dust, I think you'll be able to snag one. Maybe not at the perfect hour, but hey, your on vacation - Go with the flow! :)
Hope you have a great vacation, and remember that its about the memories, not just the food.... Though the food part is good.... ;)

Just wanted to add - I came in late, and didn't read anything above me.... Kinda shaking my head at it all now.....

Okay, I've stayed out of this, even though I've read the entire thing. But now I'm thinking I have to say something. This, my friends, is what I call unfair. But I guess the squeaky wheel always gets the grease, so to speak. I think it's completely "unfair" that instead of taking the time to plan your trip or hire someone to do it that you instead chose to call and whine and have Disney wave the magic wand to fix it for you. Although for some reason I have my doubts that a concierge at the hotel "agreed" with you and actually said the policy is unfair.

Actually the concierge told me the whole story of how they tried to switch to a 90 day window to make it more fair but their systems couldnt handle it so they switched back to 180. The very reason they switched to 90 for a short time was due to the unfairness of the 180 day window.

Actually the concierge told me the whole story of how they tried to switch to a 90 day window to make it more fair but their systems couldnt handle it so they switched back to 180. The very reason they switched to 90 for a short time was due to the unfairness of the 180 day window.

A concierge told me is the same as a bus driver told me in my book. This is not an official Disney stance. Here is how I think the conversation went:

OP: this is so unfair that people who planned and paid months before me got reservations I wanted!

Concierge: we are sorry you feel that way.

OP: so unfair! Blah blah blah

Concierge: some people feel the booking window is unfair. The 90 day window was not sufficient so we moved to a 180 day window.

OP: but I NEED these big 3, even though my job wouldn't let me know time off! Blah blah blah.

Concierge: let me see what's available.....here are times for blah, blah, blah

OP ends conversation in la-la land believing what he wants to hear and that the concierge finding times (LIKE MANY TOLD HIM YESTERDAY) is Disney making this "fair".

Now I just wait for the threads from OP post trip about how terrible the service was, how sad there were no upgrades or personal character meetings, and how he's never going back to Disney.

A concierge told me is the same as a bus driver told me in my book. This is not an official Disney stance. Here is how I think the conversation went:

OP: this is so unfair that people who planned and paid months before me got reservations I wanted!

Concierge: some people feel the booking window is unfair. The 90 day window was not sufficient so we moved to a 180 day window.

OP: but I NEED these big 3, even though my job wouldn't let me know time off! Blah blah blah.

OP ends conversation in la-la land believing what he wants to hear and that the concierge finding times (LIKE MANY TOLD HIM YESTERDAY) is Disney making this "fair".

Now I just wait for the threads from OP post trip about how terrible the service was, how sad there were no upgrades or personal character meetings, and how he's never going back to Disney.

Wow, you really took the time to write all that out, just to try and make fun of the OP and make him feel bad?

Thats kinda sad....

Not what happened, but hey, everyone is entitled to their (wrong) opinion.

I don't think I've heard this much harping on the word "fair" since the last time I babysat a group of preschoolers.

Take these words of wisdom from my 93-year-old neighbor - the only 'fair' in life is what you pay to get on the subway.

Wow, you really took the time to write all that out, just to try and make fun of the OP and make him feel bad?

Thats kinda sad....

Not sad- trying to bring reality into this situation. If you read the thread, you will see the great advice and perspective the OP got. OP paid no attention, belittled the others replying and refused to listen to anyone else's perspective. If the resolution went as OP claims, it makes me sad that Disney had to deal with someone like that. But to be honest, I don't believe it happened as said, I believe it went as this thread has went- no listening to advice or recognition that other's might be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter