Can't "see" 360 tour on HRC Board

P

pixie dust gal!

I cannot view the '360' tour on the Hard Rock Hotel site. It has all the "text" showing , but where there is a square box shape in the center of screen, it is empty(where the pixs would go). All is see is a little red 'x' in the upper right corner of the empty box.????????

Everyone else can view it, what seems to be my problem? I can't even get the clip art to 'take' - and have been trying to do this for ages. Do I need to download a program?

I have netscape, ms and a third one (which escapes me at this time).

Many thanks!:)

You need to have the iPIX dynamic imaging plug-in installed for your browser.

Get it here

Then go back and give it another try.

Thank you J. Cricket. I did download the iPix and it said "successful" after download was completed. Went back and still could not view it. Turned computer off and back on and still cannot view it.

What do you think is wrong?

Sorry for all the bother!

That's a tough one. iPIX software is not my application of choice for this kind of stuff so I really never looked into it very much. Since it's not really on this site, I don't have too much insight on how it works, (or in this case, doesn't work).

Anyone else?

JC

I'm not sure what platform (Windows or Mac) you have but here's the FAQ for ipix. Look at the one that I made BOLD. Is Java enabled in your case?

FAQ:

Q: What is an iPIX™ image?

A: An iPIX image is unlike any other picture currently available. Viewing an iPIX image puts you in the center of the picture.

Q: Are there different types of iPIX images?

A: Yes, there are two types: Panoramic and Full 360° iPIX images. Panoramic iPIX images let you pan to the left or right in a full circle, and zoom in or out. Full 360° iPIX images let you pan left and right, look up and down, and zoom in or out.

Q: What is the difference between the Full-featured and Basic Virtual Tour?

The Full-featured and Basic Virtual Tours contain the same content and image quality. Our Full-featured Virtual Tours provide the very best viewing experience by automatically rotating the view of each scene. The Basic Virtual Tour requires you to click your mouse to look left and right in a scene, but can be viewed by anyone surfing the Web.

Q: What is the Full-featured Virtual Tour and how do I navigate in a Full-featured Virtual Tour image?

The Full-featured Virtual Tour uses the Java programming language to provide the very best viewing experience by allowing for smooth, automatic left or right viewing of a scene as well as a zoom feature.

There are three ways to navigate a Full-featured Virtual Tour image:
Click and drag your mouse on the image,
Use the navigation buttons in the image, or
Use your keyboard's arrows.
To use the Zoom feature:

Zoom in by pressing the magnifying glass button with a "+" symbol.
Zoom out by pressing the magnifying glass button with a "-" symbol.
Click here for more detailed navigation instructions.

Q: What is the Basic Virtual Tour and how do I navigate in a Basic Virtual Tour image?

A: The Basic Virtual Tour displays the same content and image quality as the Full-featured version. However, the Basic version displays the scene as a series of still images that you can navigate with mouse clicks. Although functions such as automatic rotation and zooming are not available, the Basic Virtual Tour can be seen by anyone surfing the Web.

To navigate a Basic Virtual Tour image:
Click on the "left" or "right" buttons below the image,
Click on the left or right sides of the image, or
Click on different sections of the circle with the yellow wedge between the "i" button and the "Left" button. This will allow you to select the angle of the image you wish to view.
Q: How is a Full-featured Virtual Tour displayed?

A: A Full-featured Virtual Tour uses a small program, called an "applet," written using the Java programming language. This applet is sent to your computer when you view the Web page containing it. Then, the applet receives the Virtual Tour you want to see. Thus, it may take a few seconds for the Virtual Tour interface to be displayed.

Q: Which browsers do you recommend for Windows users?

A: If you are using Windows 95, 98, or NT, you must use either Internet Explorer version 3.0 or later, or Netscape version 3.0 or later. If your browser is not Java-enabled, you won't see the iPIX image. You can download the latest version of Netscape from http://www.netscape.com, or Internet Explorer from http://www.microsoft.com.

Q: What browser and operating system do I need to view images on my Macintosh computer?

A: iPIX recommends using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 and higher on a Macintosh running OS 8.1 or later, with Apple Macintosh Runtime for Java (MRJ) version 2.0 or later. Updating the Apple MRJ can dramatically improve your browser's performance. You can download the latest Apple MRJ from Apple's Web site, http://www.apple.com. The Preferred Memory Size for Internet Explorer should be raised to 15-20 Mbytes.

Q: Are there any Web browsers and operating system that will not display iPIX images on my Macintosh computer?

A: Internet Explorer versions prior to 3.0 will not display iPIX images on any Macs with systems prior to OS 8.1 or Apple Macintosh Runtime for Java (MRJ) prior to version 2.0.

Q: I don't have one of these browsers, and I can't download them. Can I still take an iPIX image tour?

A: Some Web sites use iPIX "ViewAlways" technology. If so, and you don't have any of the browsers mentioned above, you will be automatically offered a "basic tour" which will permit you to see the image on virtually any computer. (You may also request this by clicking on the "basic tour" link.) Different Web sites are built in different ways, so you can look and see if it is available on the Web site you want to use.

If you can't find the answer to your question below,
or if you have comments or suggestions, please email us at support@ipix.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter