Can't miss podcast episode for Disneyland and DCA?

Daniel James

Arcadiandj
As a later in life Disneyland/DCA fanatic, I am truly enjoying Disneyland/DCA podcasts. I love the Dis Unplugged Disneyland edition, Mousetalgia, and The Golden Horseshoe Review. I have enjoyed some of the Unofficial Guides Disney Dish with Jim Hill (although I can only take him in smaller doses) and have started listening to the Disney Dose, although I have not taken to it as quickly as I have the first three I mentioned.

My question, is can you recommend and "Can't miss" podcast episodes? I have particularly enjoyed the trip reports and event reviews, but wondered if you have strong recommendations for other episodes. Let me know and thanks in advance:)

I generally agree with your favs. Jim Hill is interesting, but makes me want to self-injure after too much time. More to the point;), he is pretty critical, pedantic, and seems to think pretty highly of himself. I love the Golden Horseshoe guys and really enjoyed their 9th episode-favorite moments in the park. Mousetalgia may be my favorite, but I can't recommend a particular episode. They have great banter and you can learn a lot from their trip reports. If you want to start listening to them, check out episode 353 when they discuss their visit on 7/17/15-the 60th birthday. The Dis unplugged DL version is a must listen to podcast. They appear to be travel agents, but also have a historian that contributes. I like their hotel and food reviews. Hope this helps. Take care and let me know what you think.

Thank you for listening :goodvibes

None of us are travel agents. We love to share what we know about Disneyland, and Pete (the owner of the DIS and host of the main DIS Unplugged show) has generously allowed us to participate. :)

I recommend looking for Michael Bowling's Disneyland 60 series that tell the history about Disneyland, and where it all started. He interviews imagineers, and focuses on different things, bringing us closer to the beginning of Disneyland and beyond. You can see an index of shows here on the Disneyland Boards, (stickied thread at the top). Here is the link to the list & links to the shows: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-index-new-podcasts-mondays-tuesdays.2855816/

Also, if you get a chance, please rate us in iTunes. It will help us so others hear our podcast (DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition). Also, we record the news show live at 8pm Pacific each Sunday (that's today).
Here's the link to Mixlr: http://mixlr.com/dis-unplugged-disneyland-edition/

Thank you for listening :goodvibes

None of us are travel agents. We love to share what we know about Disneyland, and Pete (the owner of the DIS and host of the main DIS Unplugged show) has generously allowed us to participate. :)

I recommend looking for Michael Bowling's Disneyland 60 series that tell the history about Disneyland, and where it all started. He interviews imagineers, and focuses on different things, bringing us closer to the beginning of Disneyland and beyond. You can see an index of shows here on the Disneyland Boards, (stickied thread at the top). Here is the link to the list & links to the shows: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-index-new-podcasts-mondays-tuesdays.2855816/

Also, if you get a chance, please rate us in iTunes. It will help us so others hear our podcast (DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition). Also, we record the news show live at 8pm Pacific each Sunday (that's today).
Here's the link to Mixlr: http://mixlr.com/dis-unplugged-disneyland-edition/

Love the DIS podcasts! If you haven't seen them already they did a few about DLR and surrounding areas recently called something like 7 in 7 and it was great to see the parks, hotels, etc on them

The DIS podcasts are amazing! The team is full of personality and I specifically avoid seeing pictures of them because I have an idea of what they all look like from listening for so long (ah ... the magic of audio broadcasting!)
They also have suggestions and commentary about other Southern California locations and activities, including stuff in San Diego if you are looking for that, as well.
I'd say this is the definitive, must-listen Disneyland podcast.

I have just recently started listening regularly to Mousetalgia as well ... still getting to "know" them but they seem to sometimes have a bit of a different take on some of the same topics, so I see both podcasts as two sides of a coin and not one being more vital than the other.

I use Podcast Republic on my Android phone, and I've never missed the Disneyland News segment of the DIS podcast! :love:

You can download the podcasts from iTunes. I'm not sure how you download if you don't have iTunes, but I'm sure someone knows. :)
I have an android phone, and there is a DIS Unplugged app in the google play store you can download where you can listen to any of the DIS Unplugged podcasts (DLR, WDW, The Trip, Universal).

I have a podcast app on my iPhone, downloaded from the App Store. It is pretty good at picking up new episodes and downloading automatically.

Michael's history segments are excellent, I also like the day 6 drives (going to Yosemite this year because of Mary jo's Episode last year). Tony's food segments are great but his photos are terrible. I don't shop so don't care much for Nancy's shopping episodes (sorry Nancy). And last but not least Tom pulls the team together so well, plus I like his hotel episodes even though I am unlikely to stay in any of the places!

The only other podcast I listen to is Mousetalgia but DIS is still my favourite.

My favorite DL Podcasts are The Disneyland Gazette & The Disgeek Podcast. Earvengers is also pretty good, although that covers just as much WDW as DL.

As a later in life Disneyland/DCA fanatic, I am truly enjoying Disneyland/DCA podcasts. I love the Dis Unplugged Disneyland edition, Mousetalgia, and The Golden Horseshoe Review. I have enjoyed some of the Unofficial Guides Disney Dish with Jim Hill (although I can only take him in smaller doses) and have started listening to the Disney Dose, although I have not taken to it as quickly as I have the first three I mentioned.

My question, is can you recommend and "Can't miss" podcast episodes? I have particularly enjoyed the trip reports and event reviews, but wondered if you have strong recommendations for other episodes. Let me know and thanks in advance:)

Does anyone have any favorite/don't miss episodes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter