Can't Miss Cocktails!

tweedletwin

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are celebrating our 10th Anniversary with a 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream in December. I am stoked- I've never been on a cruise, let alone a Disney cruise.

Both of us are big fans of craft cocktails (I am so excited to try the champagne bar!) and I'd love to get some of your recommendations! Let me know what you loved!

Cheers!

We did the Champagne bar while on the Dream. Had a blast, it was really cool. DW got the Moet sampler and I stuck to cans of Delerium Tremens (I'm a beer guy and I appreciate them carrying it at the Champagne bar). If I could remember our bartender's name I would tell you, all I can say is that he was a super awesome guy from Thailand. We spent over an hour just talking about cooking and recipes. We are headed back in January and are looking forward to spending time at that bar again.

We did the Champagne bar while on the Dream. Had a blast, it was really cool. DW got the Moet sampler and I stuck to cans of Delerium Tremens (I'm a beer guy and I appreciate them carrying it at the Champagne bar). If I could remember our bartender's name I would tell you, all I can say is that he was a super awesome guy from Thailand. We spent over an hour just talking about cooking and recipes. We are headed back in January and are looking forward to spending time at that bar again.

Just FWIW, they move the bartenders around to different bars so they each get turns at the busier ones.

Champagne tasting- see if it is offered and sign up. Such fun! Problem is I now only have a palate for expensive champagnes! Great way to celebrate an anniversary.

The Mango Mojitos (taste especially good when enjoying at Serenity Bay ) and Raspberry Thrill were my favs!! Have a wonderful cruise and congratulations on your anniversary!!

-Kelly

There is no lack of places to drink on the cruise! You will see bartenders on the top decks running around with fancy cocktails the whole cruise. Our recommendation is Serenity Bay on Castaway. I think some of the drinks there are specific to the location and for some reason taste so much better there!

BTW: My gf and I did the same cruise last year and loved it. Our only complaint was it wasn't long enough. Have fun!

The atrium bar serves a wonderful lemon-centric martini. That's my new favorite stop between the show and dinner.

I highly recommend visiting Meridian bar (preferably before a dinner at Palo or Remy :)). One of my favorites is the Balsamic Grande (Grey Goose, strawberries, aged balsamic vinegar, agave). Cheers!

We were on the Dream a few years ago, and the Wonder this summer. We are from L.A. and definitely cocktail snobs. Our experience is that the craft cocktail scene on DCL isn't very good. Most (all?) of the drinks we tried were so, so sweet! There was one bartender who made me a mojito every night with almost no simple syrup (per my request), and that was good. But otherwise we were disappointed. I ended up ordering G&Ts most of the time because those are hard to mess up!

We did go to a cognac tasting and it ended up being really fun, so if any of the tastings appeal to you, you should sign up.

Ask the bartender for their recommendations for something different. We just got off the Fantasy and for the 3rd year in a row were lucky enough to find our favorite bartender Andrea. I asked his for something different and unique. First was a cocktail with dark rum lime mint and ginger beer. Amazing... I had 2. Next one he made me was gin chambord and a splash of a couple juices. Both served in martini glasses. He also put a mean twist on his margaritas. I do this every cruise. A few years ago I had a cocktail with sambuca vanilla absolute and lime.

We had a great bartender on the Fantasy- Marco from Montenegro- they love to get creative, so tell them the ingredients you like and they will make something for you. Also, Nur, Don, and Jennifer on the Dream. Has anyone had these fabulous bartenders? I love Italian amaros, campari drinks, Negronis are my favorite. But I think they took that drink off the menu at Skyline- not many people love that bitter taste.

dk

Try taking the Mixology class. It is a lot of fun and you get to try a bunch of cocktails for a reasonable price. I usually try the drink of the day to taste new drinks. I enjoy a high tide which is a drink of the day quite often.

I love the BBC, it is banana, baileys, colada drink. It is frozen so great by the pool or on castaway cay.

I recommend this simply because it was something different - at the Skyline, Sogno di Cioccoloto was great. It's made with Chianti and cocoa. Odd mix of sweet with the dryness of the Chianti but it really worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter