Can't Make ADRs this Morning

Grasshopper2016

DIS Veteran
Today is my 60+4 day. Started looking at 5:55 a.m. At precisely 6:00, my days opened up, and there was pretty good availability for the restaurants I was looking for. But every time I try to book, I get an error message. Trying on three different browsers, both incognito and regular modes, and MDE on my phone. Slowly watching all of the time slots disappear as I get error message after error message. I am so sick of this. Just so sick of it.

Today is my ADR day as well. I was set up at my computer and had my phone with me as well to try to use the app if needed. I had a few issues as well. Frustrating as I just wanted to get dining settled and not have to worry about it for the next 2 months. Also wasn't able to get a lot of what I was looking for. And for some reason nothing showed up for Ohana for February. Too much stress for just wanting to go away on a nice relaxing vacation.

My ADR day is tomorrow for a short trip. I really want CRT on 2/1, and I'm so nervous your experience will be mine tomorrow morning.

OP, did you manage to get anything you wanted?

Nope. Literally, every time that I try to book anything in my 60+ window, I get the stupid "paws" error message. The system shows my hotel reservation and allows me to search for dining reservations during my stay. But it won't let me book anything. I even tried booking for day 60 (which it lets me do), then modifying to day 61. No dice. I have been on hold waiting to get through to a cast member for over an hour. In the meantime, all of the Sci Fi and Oga's reservations that I tried to get have now been taken.

It's just so demoralizing. Why am I paying so much money to stay onsite? Why did get up at 5:45 this morning? The bloom is coming off of the rose.

have you tried going into the page for each individual restaurant and booking from there?

It's not working for me either. I can make reservations for check in day but not the rest of my trip. This might be the last straw for me. This was just a few nights stay pre-cruise. I don't think it's worth the hassle though.

it's something else then. I just made some Monday for a 60 + 4 and it worked if you clicked through to the restaurant's last page, but not through the "check availability" on the first page for each restaurant. It would show the dates as available but if you selected them it didn't work.

My situation, which seems to be MoonFaerie's as well, is that the system is showing me reservation times, but it gives me an error every time I click on one and try to book. (And, as the hour gets later and later, there are fewer and fewer reservation slots available. Not that it matters, since it won't let me claim any of them.)

I'm coming up now on three hours on hold waiting to get through to a CM. I assume that, when I eventually get through, the CM will be able to help me get the couple of ADRs that I want that are still showing as available. But they won't be able to help me with all of the ones that got snatched up between 6:00 a.m. and whenever they actually pick up my call.

Am I just out of luck? Is there any chance that Disney would offer any sort of compensation / pixie dust? Maybe anytime Fastpasses (sorry, Lightning Lanes)? Or will they just laugh at my misfortune?

I had the same issue. I’m so disappointed. I was up at 530am waiting and at 545 I could see everything for my dates and yep got the error messages and watched all the good sci fi and steakhouse 71 dinner times etc poof away while I could do nothing.

My resort reservation has been in MDE since July. It’s so aggravating. I had to book one day at a time. I tried the text option for help and due to “guest excitement over genie” (eye roll) had huge wait times and I never got any reply or help. I tried four separate times over a couple days. While I was waiting for a reply it would lock me out of my account on the laptop. Just so annoying.

I’m so over it all with disneys crappy IT and crummy to nonexistent support. I’m not excited about the trip at all as I’m expecting plenty of stress and hassles with the app and genie while we are there.

sorry that happened to you too OP.

it's something else then. I just made some Monday for a 60 + 4 and it worked if you clicked through to the restaurant's last page, but not through the "check availability" on the first page for each restaurant. It would show the dates as available but if you selected them it didn't work.

Sorry what does "the restaurant's last page" mean? for example for 'Ohana this is the page with the "Check Availability" button. What should i click on instead, to get to the restaurant's last page?

Can't do screenshots, but if you open the restaurant's page, on the right is the name of the restaurant and a place to put in a date and then "check availability" in a blue button. If you select the date and party first, and then click the blue button, there have been issues whenever I've tried it. If you click "check availability" first and then select your date and party, it will then recognize 60 day + dining reservations connected to resort reservations.

My ADR day is tomorrow for a short trip. I really want CRT on 2/1, and I'm so nervous your experience will be mine tomorrow morning.

How short is you trip? If you are less than 5 days I would not count on getting CRT. Probably the hardest to get. I have rezzy finders on the case and I have never gotten a text with an availability.

It finally started working for me around lunchtime. I dunno. I'm in Atlanta, so it shouldn't have been a time zone thing. Reservation availability is trash, so I'm still on the fence about dropping the money to go to the parks before our cruise.

How short is you trip? If you are less than 5 days I would not count on getting CRT. Probably the hardest to get. I have rezzy finders on the case and I have never gotten a text with an availability.
It's a very short trip. I'm hoping I have a chance. Originally planned to go with my daughter and my husband, who couldn't make our last trip in August. Booked ASM for 1/30-2/3 months ago. Husband realized he couldn't make this trip either, but I never canceled the room. Found out recently that my elderly uncle, who lives in Orlando, is not doing great. Now my parents, daughter and I are going down to visit, staying at ASM, going to Seaworld one day since we can all get in with our platinum Busch passes (Williamsburg), and one day at MK.

We thought we'd go earlier in January, and I had found and booked a CRT, but then we realized it made more economical sense to just use the room at ASM that I had already booked, considering resort availability is very slim.

All of that is completely irrelevant to this thread. If we can't get CRT on 2/1 it won't be the end of the world. I'd also like a TRex dinner for 2/2, which has also been surprisingly hard to get lately.

Today is my 60+4 day. Started looking at 5:55 a.m. At precisely 6:00, my days opened up, and there was pretty good availability for the restaurants I was looking for. But every time I try to book, I get an error message. Trying on three different browsers, both incognito and regular modes, and MDE on my phone. Slowly watching all of the time slots disappear as I get error message after error message. I am so sick of this. Just so sick of it.

I had the same issue! I could only book for my immediate 60 days out even though I'm booked onsite. Try calling Disney dining line but prepare for a long hold time (hopefully they offer you call back instead). I did that and they booked it all for me.

After just short of 4 hours and 20 minutes on hold, I finally got through to a CM on the phone. She was able to book those reservations that were still available. But I missed out on Sci Fi altogether. And was only able to get Oga's at a time that will be very inconvenient. No explanation for why I couldn't book online. (Still can't, by the way.) This has never happened to me before.

After just short of 4 hours and 20 minutes on hold, I finally got through to a CM on the phone. She was able to book those reservations that were still available. But I missed out on Sci Fi altogether. And was only able to get Oga's at a time that will be very inconvenient. No explanation for why I couldn't book online. (Still can't, by the way.) This has never happened to me before.

I was on a hold a combined total of 7 hours (one call dropped after 2 hours) so I feel your pain. Try mouse dining to set up email alerts for the reservations you need or want better times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter