***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Only 10 days remaining! :tigger:

This has been a crazy year, and this trip still doesn't feel "real" to me yet. Maybe due to the lack of FP planning?
Same here. I’m used to doing a lot of planning, but haven’t been able to do much of anything this time. I’m getting myself into vacation mode by thinking about what clothes I want to bring (Dh and I went a little overboard buying new shirts) and creating a packing list.
23 days for me.

Same here. I’m used to doing a lot of planning, but haven’t been able to do much of anything this time. I’m getting myself into vacation mode by thinking about what clothes I want to bring (Dh and I went a little overboard buying new shirts) and creating a packing list.
23 days for me.

I’m full on in the throes of buying a whole bunch of crap from Amazon. I may be going overboard. But it’s been so long since I’ve gone anywhere it’s like I have it pent up lol!

Ride pics too, correct? We are transferring to AKV for second half but that’s good to know.
With an updated MDE app you can load your park ticket onto your smartphone - put it in your wallet. You can then open up the ticket on your phone to get into the park. I believe that the ride photos will recognize that you have a ticket because it is on your phone, so you don't need a MagicBand anymore. It is called Disney MagicMobile and you can find the link to it on your MDE account.

Now Available: Disney MagicMobile Service, MagicBand News | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

from Disney website:

How do I use Disney MagicMobile features with Disney PhotoPass?
A.

To connect Disney PhotoPass images to your Disney account, simply present your Disney MagicMobile pass to Disney PhotoPass Photographers around Walt Disney World Resort. As a reminder, be sure to enable Bluetooth® on your smart device to connect with in-park experiences using wireless technology, including automatic attraction photo linking.

Last edited:

23 days to go here. Can’t believe it is coming so quickly after two years of planning and talking about it. I am so stinking excited! I am still trying to get a chef mickeys or topolinos reservation for our trip. It’s my 6yo nephews first time and I know he’d love the characters. Fingers and toes crossed!!

Most of my money is either going to Amazon or Etsy.

I hear you! I got a pair of Ahsoka ears from Etsy (I am hoping to score her lightsabers from Dok Ondar’s since I can’t bear to do Savi’s without my gf. It’s the same price and she’s my favorite). And I got some gorgeous Te Fiti ears for our doomed trip last year that I can’t wait to wear for Flower & Garden. And some cool villain spell shirts. And a celebration button that says Vaccinated on it. And and :rotfl2:

Speaking of Star Wars though I went to go check out the new Target in our area and I was shocked to see Galaxy’s Edge merch in the action figure section. They were selling the little droids.

With an updated MDE app you can load your park ticket onto your smartphone - put it in your wallet. You can then open up the ticket on your phone to get into the park. I believe that the ride photos will recognize that you have a ticket because it is on your phone, so you don't need a MagicBand anymore. It is called Disney MagicMobile and you can find the link to it on your MDE account.

Now Available: Disney MagicMobile Service, MagicBand News | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

from Disney website:

How do I use Disney MagicMobile features with Disney PhotoPass?
A.

To connect Disney PhotoPass images to your Disney account, simply present your Disney MagicMobile pass to Disney PhotoPass Photographers around Walt Disney World Resort. As a reminder, be sure to enable Bluetooth® on your smart device to connect with in-park experiences using wireless technology, including automatic attraction photo linking.

I’m actually looking forward to this so I can still use my older magic bands that are no good for long range anymore. I’ll just keep wearing them on my other wrist like a giant dork like I’ve been doing since I got my Apple Watch. What I’m really looking forward to is the new 14.5 iOS update that just came out, it lets you unlock your phone with Face ID even if you have a mask on as long as your Apple Watch is on your wrist and unlocked. Game changer!

YOU GUYS

I get to say we will be there the day after tomorrow! So excited! Thanks to TP I was able to snag that 50s Prime Time dinner ressie on 5/4. Super jazzed about that! We had Mama Melrose but I wasn't too excited because I live on Long Island and I do not feel like eating Italian food when I'm on vacation (unless I'm in Italy lol).

YOU GUYS

I get to say we will be there the day after tomorrow! So excited! Thanks to TP I was able to snag that 50s Prime Time dinner ressie on 5/4. Super jazzed about that! We had Mama Melrose but I wasn't too excited because I live on Long Island and I do not feel like eating Italian food when I'm on vacation (unless I'm in Italy lol).

YAY!

I hear you about Italian food at Disney...we have too much fantastic Italian food in the NY area. Even Il Mulino at the Swan, which is the best you’re getting down there, is worse than the one in the city. Hard pass lol. Last Italian food I ate on vacation was in Florence.

YAY!

I hear you about Italian food at Disney...we have too much fantastic Italian food in the NY area. Even Il Mulino at the Swan, which is the best you’re getting down there, is worse than the one in the city. Hard pass lol. Last Italian food I ate on vacation was in Florence.
EXACTLY. When I see people on the restaurant board rave about the Italian places (especially the pizza I think in Epcot?) down there, feel bad for them because they clearly have never had NY Italian or even better, a NY slice.

I grew up in Seattle and used to make fun of my now-husband when we lived out there and he complained about the pizza. Then I came back to NY with him to meet the parents and had my first ever Grandma's slice followed by a regular slice and it was life changing. I Got It, even before I opened my eyes.

Italy (real Italy, lol) is on my very long bucket list. Then I will eat every carb the Italian people can throw at me, lol

23 days to go here. Can’t believe it is coming so quickly after two years of planning and talking about it. I am so stinking excited! I am still trying to get a chef mickeys or topolinos reservation for our trip. It’s my 6yo nephews first time and I know he’d love the characters. Fingers and toes crossed!!
It looks like we are going to be there at the same time.

I hear you! I got a pair of Ahsoka ears from Etsy (I am hoping to score her lightsabers from Dok Ondar’s since I can’t bear to do Savi’s without my gf. It’s the same price and she’s my favorite). And I got some gorgeous Te Fiti ears for our doomed trip last year that I can’t wait to wear for Flower & Garden. And some cool villain spell shirts. And a celebration button that says Vaccinated on it. And and :rotfl2:

Speaking of Star Wars though I went to go check out the new Target in our area and I was shocked to see Galaxy’s Edge merch in the action figure section. They were selling the little droids.
I could go broke shopping on Etsy. I bought Mouse ears for my daughter that are a combination of Captain America and Winter Soldier. I also got custom Bucky Barnes skins for her Magic Band. I got Thor skins for mine. I have bought several cute shirts including this one:

I bought a Muppets shirt for myself on Amazon and got my husband a baby Groot/Grogu shirt.
We really need to stop shopping.
YOU GUYS

Im excited for you. We have a reservation at one of the Italian restaurants, but we are from Virginia. Not exactly known for our Italian food.

YOU GUYS

Long Island here too. Going a week from Sunday!

It looks like we are going to be there at the same time.

I could go broke shopping on Etsy. I bought Mouse ears for my daughter that are a combination of Captain America and Winter Soldier. I also got custom Bucky Barnes skins for her Magic Band. I got Thor skins for mine. I have bought several cute shirts including this one:

View attachment 571304

I bought a Muppets shirt for myself on Amazon and got my husband a baby Groot/Grogu shirt.
We really need to stop shopping.
Im excited for you. We have a reservation at one of the Italian restaurants, but we are from Virginia. Not exactly known for our Italian food.
Oh I love that shirt! Ahahaha.

If you ever plan to come to NY, look me up for Italian reccos lol! I GOTCHU COVERED! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter