***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

My flights home got changed by southwest today. So I've gained 3 hours at Disney on the end of vacation. I wonder what we should do with our extra time.🤔

My flights home got changed by southwest today. So I've gained 3 hours at Disney on the end of vacation. I wonder what we should do with our extra time.🤔

Nice. Southwest took two hours away from the end of my trip ☹️

I am 12 days away from a room with ticket package and have not received tags. I ordered a magic band in February and received it only in the box. Received my DME confirmation letter only yesterday. Received an email last night stating “Magical Extras and luggage tags will be available for pickup at your hotel”
Seems they are delivering these randomly. FWIW I am staying at ASMo
We were at Pop last month with a room and ticket package. They gave us our luggage tags and magical extras at check-in. We also ordered magic bands and got them separately before our trip. I’m curious if this round, if we’ll get our extras in the mail. We have not received a DME letter yet, but we don’t get there until the end of May.

Not sure if this is good news or bad news. I think Disney just increased capacity. Lots of park openings at the end of the month

Not sure if this is good news or bad news. I think Disney just increased capacity. Lots of park openings at the end of the month
They've also been talking about opening shows (FOTLK I think opens mid-month!) which sucks people out of the way in addition to creating something to do. Usually increased capacity means they run more cars or create more experiences, so usually good.

I was following another thread when they did this same thing in June. Most people guessed that Disney reallocated some of the passes from the Annual Pass bucket to the other buckets as opposed to increasing capacity.

Would Disney tell us if they are increasing capacity or would they do it quietly?

Hi gang! 3 days for us-eek. I’m both incredibly stressed and incredibly excited. Work has been a nightmare and my dad got a very unexpected terminal diagnosis a few weeks ago so it’s all so much. On the other hand, that makes some time offline with family seem even more necessary.

A little annoyed because our magic bands aren’t here. Stuck in tracking since April 19 with no updates-called guest services and she said to go to guest services at park. Frustrating part is that we are at bonnet creek first and my eldest doesn’t have an old one to use. They said I could just buy another but I’m guessing that won’t cost me $5. Oh well.

Hi gang! 3 days for us-eek. I’m both incredibly stressed and incredibly excited. Work has been a nightmare and my dad got a very unexpected terminal diagnosis a few weeks ago so it’s all so much. On the other hand, that makes some time offline with family seem even more necessary.

A little annoyed because our magic bands aren’t here. Stuck in tracking since April 19 with no updates-called guest services and she said to go to guest services at park. Frustrating part is that we are at bonnet creek first and my eldest doesn’t have an old one to use. They said I could just buy another but I’m guessing that won’t cost me $5. Oh well.
FWIW, If you're staying at Bonnet Creek the only thing you'll be using your MagicBand for is getting into the park, so it's not really that valuable. I'm at The Swan and won't be using one.

FWIW, If you're staying at Bonnet Creek the only thing you'll be using your MagicBand for is getting into the park, so it's not really that valuable. I'm at The Swan and won't be using one.
Ride pics too, correct? We are transferring to AKV for second half but that’s good to know.

So...we are in desperate need of a chance to get away, but only have one day to do it. We were thinking of ways to enjoy a day off away from work and the city....SO!

We will be flying down the evening of Tuesday May 25th to Orlando and spend the night at a Hilton hotel close to WDW, wake up early on Wednesday May 26th, and hit AK right at rope drop. We want to ride some attractions, enjoy the animals, and grab some light eats before hopping to Epcot at 2pm to enjoy some of the festival offerings around WS. Then we plan on visiting MK to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy an attraction or two (hoping for HM and BTMRR depending on the wait times) before we have to head back to MCO around 8:00 pm.

Are we crazy for doing this? Maybe. But do we care? NOPE! BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO WDW OMG!

3 days for us too! I'm trying to pack very, very sneakily because we want to surprise our 6 year old daughter. We will be at WBC too! But we're staying there the whole time. I think you and I also reserved HS the same day, May 4th, lol. Great minds!

Re: Magic Bands, If it's possible to transfer bands to someone I can bring one of our old ones for your eldest and we can connect for a hot second at the resort.

3 days for us too! I'm trying to pack very, very sneakily because we want to surprise our 6 year old daughter. We will be at WBC too! But we're staying there the whole time. I think you and I also reserved HS the same day, May 4th, lol. Great minds!

Re: Magic Bands, If it's possible to transfer bands to someone I can bring one of our old ones for your eldest and we can connect for a hot second at the resort.

You about made me cry with that offer-thank you so much!!!!! I don’t think you can transfer bands? You’re the best.

Only 10 days remaining! :tigger:

This has been a crazy year, and this trip still doesn't feel "real" to me yet. Maybe due to the lack of FP planning?

I feel the same way!! I keep saying I won’t believe I’m back until I get off the plane! I’m at 15 days and right now it feels like my days are moving at a snails pace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter