***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Paid off my package today! It feels real now that we are getting so close! My ADRs finally fell into place when they updated the restaurant hours Wednesday. And I feel like I finalized our plans are far as what parks we are hopping to when. 44 days to go!
I paid mine two days ago and got the same feeling!! The excitement is really starting to happen for me now. I plan on pulling my luggage out of the attic after work tonight and starting to make a pile of things I plan on bringing! 28 more days!

Paid off my package today! It feels real now that we are getting so close! My ADRs finally fell into place when they updated the restaurant hours Wednesday. And I feel like I finalized our plans are far as what parks we are hopping to when. 44 days to go!
Same!! 46 days to go and we just scored an Oga's reservation.... now we officially have everything on our Wishlist. It's been a LONG time since we've been this excited for a trip! 🥰

Two weeks to go! I am a little worried about rising cases in Florida, but all of our adults will be fully vaxed and we will just be careful. Still trying to decide what to make the family treat me to on Mother’s Day-we will be at Universal by then.

Off to buy more disposable masks and masks at Old Navy today-keep hearing those recommended. And pedicures next weekend-first one I’ve gotten since pandemic began.

15 days for us! Everyone is vaxxed, ADRs and park reservations are all set, and TP room request has been sent. Will call Magical Express next week to update our flight numbers. Still need to try on and maybe alter some of my summer clothes (slight pandemic pudge, ugh!), but most of my “Disney Stuff” is still packed in my suitcase from my January trip. Sooooo excited! Can’t wait to see the F&G Festival again! :daisy::cloud9::yay:

22 days here. I haven't packed anything, or even looked a suitcase. I'm trying to figure out how to survive in the park with a mask on and having my sunglasses fog up.

As a glasses wearer: masks with nose wires for a tighter seal. I got a couple packs of Athleta “everyday” masks because I’ve heard good things and I’ve been on site at the office for the last couple of weeks, I’ve had no fogging at all with these. The only other cloth masks I’ve had that kind of success with are by Proper Cloth and are pretty impractical for Florida weather. The Athleta ones are very breathable.

As a glasses wearer: masks with nose wires for a tighter seal. I got a couple packs of Athleta “everyday” masks because I’ve heard good things and I’ve been on site at the office for the last couple of weeks, I’ve had no fogging at all with these. The only other cloth masks I’ve had that kind of success with are by Proper Cloth and are pretty impractical for Florida weather. The Athleta ones are very breathable.
Do you think the Athleta will be ok at Disney or will they be mistaken for mesh masks.

They look like regular cloth masks-I have some and I like em. Picked up a hunch of Old Navy masks today on sale and will bring a box of disposables from Costco as thise sound like the winners.

22 days here. I haven't packed anything, or even looked a suitcase. I'm trying to figure out how to survive in the park with a mask on and having my sunglasses fog up.

I live in Fl and work outside. I sort of rest my sunglasses on top of the mask-like on the nose bridge. This probably would not work for prescription ones or regular glasses because they put the lens a bit further from your eye. But for plain sunglasses, it's what I do.

They will get damp. No way around that-I'm bringing several. Some people like disposables but I find they get NASTY and scratchy when damp.

My 50th birthday Mom and dds' trip is a month away! I ordered a solar cell powerbank today, a 1971 birthday Winnie the Pooh shirt, and stick sunscreen for my park bag (I use a mega size bottle of it in everyday life, not lugging that around!) I really can't wait!

Two weeks to go! I am a little worried about rising cases in Florida, but all of our adults will be fully vaxed and we will just be careful. Still trying to decide what to make the family treat me to on Mother’s Day-we will be at Universal by then.

Off to buy more disposable masks and masks at Old Navy today-keep hearing those recommended. And pedicures next weekend-first one I’ve gotten since pandemic began.
We are two weeks away as well! Both adults fully vaxxed, the 6-yo is used to masking up, and we just have to be cautious with the 20 month old.

As for the cases, I noticed that too and know it's going to make my husband want to "have a discussion." Sigh. But here's the thing: using the same source (NYT), I looked up cases/positive rates in Orange County, FL and our own county here at home (Nassau County, NY). NYT has BOTH at "very high risk." So while we're not exactly making out with strangers up here (NY still has reasonably strict mandates compared to other places in the country), we ARE living our lives as regularly as we feel comfortable, and that's what I imagine we'd do in FL as well so... shrugs. lol.

Regarding masks, I'm a glasses wearer and have found the Kitsch masks work best for me even though they don't have a wire. But they are like triple layered gauze and I was just in Alabama to help out a family member for a week and... omg. Not going to fly in hotter, more humid weather, lol. So i'm going to deal with the paper disposables for my own comfort. I just got some rx heart shaped sunnies (I watched Rocketman and got glasses envy lol) and the shape seems to be really good for not fogging.

Also when I was in AL I got the text for CRT! Wahoo! B-day dinner for the 6yo on her bday at 5:50!

Regarding masks, I'm a glasses wearer and have found the Kitsch masks work best for me even though they don't have a wire. But they are like triple layered gauze and I was just in Alabama to help out a family member for a week and... omg. Not going to fly in hotter, more humid weather, lol. So i'm going to deal with the paper disposables for my own comfort. I just got some rx heart shaped sunnies (I watched Rocketman and got glasses envy lol) and the shape seems to be really good for not fogging.

I second the Kitsch masks! They do better with fogging than my masks that have nose wire, and the skinny ear loops work better with my glasses. Just got enough for 2 per day of our trip.

I will say that I notice less fogging in hot/warm weather than I have in cold weather. The exception might be going from the hot weather outdoors into an air-conditioned building, so we'll see about that. I've heard good things about some of the anti-fog sprays that they sell on Amazon too.

I'm trying to figure out how to survive in the park with a mask on

I've been modifying a few of my ADRs for this reason. I like to believe that I can make it in the park 8+ hours a day with a mask on, but I know I'll be over it by mid-week. I will be splitting my Magic Kingdom days in half, with a 2-3 hour break at the Poly/Grand Floridian to relax indoors with air conditioning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter