***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Darn it. TP just increased crowd level predictions at Epcot most the first week.
I wonder what the reasoning is for that? It seems like Epcot has the highest numbers out of all the parks and that seems counterintuitive to me with all the construction going on and the Rat not opening until October, must be some reasoning for it. Flower & Garden perhaps?

DHS is at capacity on the 3rd as well as the 4th.

I was thinking of changing our park reservation - we have DHS on the 4th and AK on the 5th - since I am a big SW fan but the rest of my group is not. But then I saw the 3rd and thought what if the 5th also hits capacity, then I would have switched for nothing 🤔
So sticking with May the Fourth...still looking for dinner in the area.

Last edited:
And yet they still have not changed Hollywood Studios for the 4th even though it is at capacity. I don't understand their thinking.
It’s at 3 or 4 this week too and it’s at capacity so that may be their definition of capacity for that park during Covid.

I wonder what the reasoning is for that? It seems like Epcot has the highest numbers out of all the parks and that seems counterintuitive to me with all the construction going on and the Rat not opening until October, must be some reasoning for it. Flower & Garden perhaps?

The rat 😂

Hey May peeps...I feel like I'm still part of this group even though my trip is now canceled...asking for some "good vibes" "prayers" "pixie dust" whatever you got...I'm sitting here looking at the boards while waiting for a 2:30 phone interview for a job I've wanted more than any job in my lifetime...there's a lot of candidates but I'm hopeful.

I'm not relying on any crowd level predictions, they seem so arbitrary. I haven't checked any for our trip because I figure, why possibly get worked up about something I can't control right now. I'm going with someone who has been in 11 years so not really trying to accomplish too much and there will be others using ECVs.

No EMH, no fast passes and only 1 dining reservation - I'm really setting this up to be a relaxed, go-with-the-flow trip. We will still try to do rope drop each morning to get the most done in the parks.

Just booked may 17-21 at Pop. We Unexpectedly were able to get a sitter, so this will be our first kid free trip to Disney! We are calling it our 25th wedding anniversary trip even though that’s not till September but this was the only time we can get a babysitter lol
I have always wanted to go end of April and or May just never worked out with school schedules so I’m really excited about the flower and Garden Festival!

Hey! Joining the thread. We are heading down 5/1-5/8. 39 days to go!!! Still debating on whether or not to swap our HS and AK days. We are supposed to do HS on May the 4th which is at capacity. I wasn't even thinking about that when we scheduled our park days. AK is 5/6. Still debating.
We also didn't make the connection about 5/4 when we booked our park day for HS. 🤪 I think we're sticking to it because although we've done ROTR in DL, we want to check out GE in WDW - way bigger than ours. Disneyland isn't reopening until end of April and even then it will be really hard to get into the park with their 15% capacity.

This is our tentative schedule
4/30 - Arrive and settle in at CSR; Disney Springs
5/01 - Epcot
5/02 - AK
5/03 - MK
5/04 - HS
5/05 - Epcot
5/06 - HS
5/07 - MK, go home :sad1:
We are also HS on 5/4 for the same reason! Just plain didn't occur to me when I scheduled park passes. I've decided to take mental Xanaxes re this trip, haha. I'm normally a planner (though not Danny Tanner level planner), and there's literally nothing more I can do at this point to plan. Have ressies being searched, try to get a BG on 5/4... that's it. Everything else will just have to... happen. Gasp lol

Hey May peeps...I feel like I'm still part of this group even though my trip is now canceled...asking for some "good vibes" "prayers" "pixie dust" whatever you got...I'm sitting here looking at the boards while waiting for a 2:30 phone interview for a job I've wanted more than any job in my lifetime...there's a lot of candidates but I'm hopeful.
You got this..

Just remember when they ask you biggest weakness, always say Carbs

You got this..

Just remember when they ask you biggest weakness, always say Carbs
Thank you! Ooooh...carbs is a great answer! Disney is also a weakness..lol...the screening went well. The first question was very hard but I gave the best answer I could so no regrets...if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Next step 3 people will be chosen for in-person interviews.

I haven't really planned my trip out all that well, but I'm still excited to just go and have fun. I have all of my park passes (Epcot, AK, MK, DSH, MK, DSH, AK) and my resort (Rivera), but I only managed to get one ADR (Crystal Palace). There were trips where I would get an ADR for every single meal, but it's expensive and a lot more food than I need (especially since I've been doing really good about my weight. I'm ). I'm sure once character dining is back with no social distancing, I'll be trying to get into every single one that I can. Until then, I'm kind of just fine winging it and I'm interested to see what the food is like at Crystal Palace now that its not a buffet.

I'm also still thinking about trying to switch my resort from Rivera to Saratoga Springs because I'm still a little nervous about elevators, even though I'm fully vaccinated. There's only 50 days left until I start my road trip back to Disney World, so I guess I need to make a decision or something.

Thank you! Ooooh...carbs is a great answer! Disney is also a weakness..lol...the screening went well. The first question was very hard but I gave the best answer I could so no regrets...if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Next step 3 people will be chosen for in-person interviews.
Good luck! Like you said, if it's meant to be its meant to be. You've already proven you have the skills, now they want to get to know you so try not to be nervous, which is why I like the carbs answer. It's an ice breaker and let's the interviewer know you're not like everybody else. But also have a real answer ready LOL

Yay! So glad the phone screening was a success. I really hope things work out for you and they call you in!

BTW, those of you who are also going towards the end of the month, around Memorial Day...really hope you have chosen your park passes because the resort buckets for HS are booking up like mad. I was lucky that AP was still wide open and I was able to call the Passholder line to get them to pull from that bucket for me, for the 1 day in June I forgot to book HS just in case. I am getting worried about ADRs now. I still have not made up my mind about anything. Last trip pre-Covid I kinda winged it and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it turned out (snagged the Plaza before the first Xmas party, but other than that ate at lounges and Food & Wine booths). Not sure how feasible that is this time with everything limited. I do not plan on really having a ton of ADRs for the YC portion of the trip so to enjoy the Flower & Garden booths but I do want backups just in case World Showcase is a zoo.

Debating between a fancy signature birthday dinner at the resorts, CRT, or BOG. And I know the food will be best at Narcoosee’s or Cali Grill. But my inner 5 year old wants birthday dinner in the castle, even if Cindy is just waving at a distance. And I LOVE the West Wing at BOG and always request it on check in (I’m an elder goth, I can’t help it). I’m too indecisive.

Yay! So glad the phone screening was a success. I really hope things work out for you and they call you in!

BTW, those of you who are also going towards the end of the month, around Memorial Day...really hope you have chosen your park passes because the resort buckets for HS are booking up like mad. I was lucky that AP was still wide open and I was able to call the Passholder line to get them to pull from that bucket for me, for the 1 day in June I forgot to book HS just in case. I am getting worried about ADRs now. I still have not made up my mind about anything. Last trip pre-Covid I kinda winged it and was pleasantly surprised by how nice it turned out (snagged the Plaza before the first Xmas party, but other than that ate at lounges and Food & Wine booths). Not sure how feasible that is this time with everything limited. I do not plan on really having a ton of ADRs for the YC portion of the trip so to enjoy the Flower & Garden booths but I do want backups just in case World Showcase is a zoo.

Debating between a fancy signature birthday dinner at the resorts, CRT, or BOG. And I know the food will be best at Narcoosee’s or Cali Grill. But my inner 5 year old wants birthday dinner in the castle, even if Cindy is just waving at a distance. And I LOVE the West Wing at BOG and always request it on check in (I’m an elder goth, I can’t help it). I’m too indecisive.
I just looked and the last week of May all the parks are available, even for non resort guests.

Hey, everyone!

I’m new here so wanted to say “hi”! We are staying at the Swan from May 16-22 with our extended family and couldn’t be more excited!

This is the fourth time I’ve scheduled this trip and I’m waiting to tell my kids (ages 7 and 4) because they’ve already had so much disappointment. First trip was scheduled for March 2020, but we had to cancel because of a family member’s health. We rescheduled for May 2020, but we all know how that went. Then we rescheduled for July 2020, but decided that we weren’t comfortable going then.

Needless to say, I’ve booked FastPasses three times and now ADRs four times and I’m hoping the fourth time’s a charm!

I know many of you are in the same boat. Anyway, feeling hopeful about this trip and have already learned a TON about planning a Disney trip from these boards (haven’t been since 1994!) so a heartfelt THANK YOU for everything I’ve learned so far. :-)

My husband and I are going without kids from 5/16 - 5/22 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
This was our plan for our 25th anniversary next year, but my youngest changed that! I had a bunch of Disney Dollars that I was saving to pay for our whole anniversary trip. Well, DS graduates high school in May. We told him we'd go on vacation wherever he wanted (within in reason) and after months of being undecided, he piped up about a month ago that he wanted to go to WDW! So, now my Disney Dollars are going for a graduation trip instead!

We started at CBR, but I called back and was told I had a unique code attached to my account. It allowed us to upgrade, for very little extra, to a one bedroom villa at SSR!

We will be there May 30-June 5. I'm anxiously awaiting making my dining ressies next week! Although, I'm not looking forward to getting on the computer at 5am!

PS...Happy anniversary!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter