Can't get on Dream September 4th

FWRR3

Engineer for "The Little FWRR"
Being local, I just called to see if we could get on the two- night cruise. They say they won't accept new bookings. First time Disney didn't want my money. A crew member friend said they expect the ship to be near empty.

They're probably not even sure at this point that it will be a cruise at all.

I agree with this. They aren’t going to accept new reservations just to have to refund it, and people expect “extra” if the cruise cancels. I haven’t paid real close attention to Dorian news, but I think there is a possibility that cruise may not go.

So did they at least give the people on the 4 day that turned to 2 day an opportunity to get on the 3 day that turned into 5 likely 7 day? What a come up for the 3 day cruisers!

Interesting, the other day (after they announced it was shorted) I looked online and it showed I could book the cruise.

They're probably not even sure at this point that it will be a cruise at all.

This! Let’s be honest - Disney IS a business and they do not want to sell another cruise at a major discount and then have to not only refund it but give that person/those people all the stuff they were giving people already booked.

This! Let’s be honest - Disney IS a business and they do not want to sell another cruise at a major discount and then have to not only refund it but give that person/those people all the stuff they were giving people already booked.
Good point! I now realize that I called before I saw that the storm had slowed and it looks doubtful that the Dream will dock at Port Canaveral on Wednesday. But the two night cruise sounded like a fun last minute treat.

Good point! I now realize that I called before I saw that the storm had slowed and it looks doubtful that the Dream will dock at Port Canaveral on Wednesday. But the two night cruise sounded like a fun last minute treat.

If it stays on the new path, it may not affect the port as much as previously thought though. Who knows.

With the storm ‘stalling’ over the Northern Bahamas the Dream may not be able to sail north into PC as currently scheduled on Wednesday.

So did they at least give the people on the 4 day that turned to 2 day an opportunity to get on the 3 day that turned into 5 likely 7 day? What a come up for the 3 day cruisers!
Yes, they did. I know someone who did this and got a refund to boot because the 3 night was cheaper than their 4!

I don’t see any way the Dream will dock at PC Wednesday. Current track has it directly off shore of PC at 2am Wednesday.

Could it possibly have something to do with clearing the passenger manifest with the authorities a certain number of days in advance of sailing?

Disney Dream – current sailing - UPDATED
Disney Dream’s current sailing was scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Wednesday, September 4. However, after careful review of the currently forecasted path, and conversations with port officials in Florida, it does not seem likely that Port Canaveral will be available for our return on Wednesday.

Because of this, we will need to further extend this sailing and now expect Disney Dream to return to Port Canaveral one day later, on Thursday, September 5.

Since Disney Dream will now have additional time at sea, we have arranged a port call for tomorrow, Monday, September 2, in Grand Cayman.

It probably has to do with immigration. I read they have to have all names of guests in so many days before so they can run you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter