Can't add WDW ticket card to apple watch

freshmanjs

DIS Veteran
Hi -

I was able to add my park ticket to apple wallet on my phone with no issues. When I try to add that card to my apple watch, I get an error message saying "Cannot add card. Please try again later or contact the card issuer."

I have tried rebooting watch and phone, but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

We had this exact issues a few weeks ago. Eventually discovered that our “old” series 2 Apple Watch is not compatible with putting the park passes in. Guess it is time to upgrade...sigh. If your watch is a newer version, then I’m not sure.

To load your Disney Ticket/Pass on an Apple Watch, your watch must be series 3 or newer.

If you have a apple watch series 3 or newer make sure you watch is updated. I had the same issue with mine and once I updated my watch my park pass added without issue.

I had that same problem, and mine is an Apple Watch 6. I haven’t tried again or messed with it. I think if it won’t work I’ll just use my magic bands, I was planning on using them anyway and just messed with the watch because it was available. I love magic bands and have tons of special ones I still want to use. I’ll try again to see if an update might have helped,
I think my watch did an update on the last day or so.

Just to clarify for anyone having issues...You must be using an AppleWatch Series 3 or newer, and have the latest version of WatchOS. The AppleWatches before Series 3 do not have the appropriate supported hardware, and for security reasons Apple will not allow users to add any debit/credit cards/passes, including Disney's MagicMobile pass, to the wallet without the latest OS.

The AppleWatches before Series 3 do not have the appropriate supported hardware, and for security reasons Apple will not allow users to add any debit/credit cards/passes, including Disney's MagicMobile pass, to the wallet without the latest OS.
I can still add debit/credit cards to the wallet on my Series 0 (Original version) Apple Watch.

Never said it did. The post I quoted said that you can't even add debit/credit cards to watches prior to the series 3, which is incorrect.
I did not say that you could not add debit/credit cards to pre-Series 3 watches. If you read my post it says:

"Apple will not allow users to add any debit/credit cards/passes, including Disney's MagicMobile pass, to the wallet without the latest OS."

That sentence you are quoting does not say anything about which Series of AppleWatch must have the latest version of WatchOS. I agree that I could have been a little clearer and should have ended the above sentence with "for each Series."

For the original AppleWatch that is WatchOS 5.x
For the Series 1 and 2 that is WatchOS 6.x
For the Series 3 and later that is WatchOS 7.x
MagicMobile is only available for the latest version of WatchOS 7.x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter