Canon 20D shooters

That's a very good price for a walkaround tripod and light too. It doesn't say, however, that the head is removable but from the picture I don't see the head controls. Can you tell me about the head? I may want to buy a lighter tripod for walkaround purpose.

That IS a good price... i looked around and found this... i may buy one myself!
Slik 900U

It says that the shoe is removable.... and an extra shoe is very cheap.

hmmm.....
Sherrie

Kelly Grannell said:
That's a very good price for a walkaround tripod and light too. It doesn't say, however, that the head is removable but from the picture I don't see the head controls. Can you tell me about the head? I may want to buy a lighter tripod for walkaround purpose.
I guess your asking about the bogen? It has a ball head, so there are no pan and tilt controls. The ball head tightens by turning a nob at the bottom of the shaft. For $85 it is a real deal, I have owned several sub $100 tripods and this one beats all of them hand down, plus it folds to under 14''.

That is really good! On many ocassions (ie 2 weeks out of each year, during vacation) I want to carry a lighter tripod but the only one I have is that MAnfrotto tripod that can hold 18 lbs of gear.

Kelly Grannell said:
That is really good! On many ocassions (ie 2 weeks out of each year, during vacation) I want to carry a lighter tripod but the only one I have is that MAnfrotto tripod that can hold 18 lbs of gear.
Yup I was in the same boat, my full size tripod is a Bogen/Manfrotto also. Its super stable and very tall, but is not too suitable for travel. Now I find myself using the small tripod more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter