Cannot Register for AK Moonlight Magic

Belle & Ariel

DIS Veteran
I was online to register and kept getting message that my confirmation did not match my member number. I've got member number memorized and copied and pasted confirmation. Checked both a few times and both correct. Got 504 error message a few times. Have been on hold with member services since 9:20. Waited over an hour for first person who told me to keep trying they couldn't do anything. Waiting for supervisor.
Any one else have problems?

Everyone is having problems. I held 1 hr 45 minutes. The problem was that the reservation member number we are staying on in May was a resale after April 2016 so not eligible for perks. We have another member number that does get perks and tech support had to link that member number to our reservation in order for the system to allow us to reserve. Such a pain in the butt!

Same thing happened to me. Hour on hold to be told essentially too bad so sad, keep trying. I'm on hold again and going to ask to talk to IT since that's what people in another thread were saying worked for them to get registered. My points aren't resale and my dates are during the party, my dues and loan are up to date, I have no idea what the issue is.

We have owned about ten years so that could not be the problem. We have two contracts and I first tried the one the points are from but have tried other. The agent told me to try using all my confirmation numbers. We are going in February, May, June, September, and November. I tried the ones prior but not the later ones. She wanted me to hang up and try them. I waited too long to not get resolved in this call. It's been over two hours. Thankful for the speaker button so I have gotten laundry done and cleaned kitchen.

Same thing happened to me. Hour on hold to be told essentially too bad so sad, keep trying. I'm on hold again and going to ask to talk to IT since that's what people in another thread were saying worked for them to get registered. My points aren't resale and my dates are during the party, my dues and loan are up to date, I have no idea what the issue is.
Same here. Dues up to date. No loan. Reservation during party date. Online at 9 and two and a half hours later no reservation. Disney can do better.

Yep, count me as not being able to register online, tried all my member numbers and reservations, no luck. I'm trying online chat now.

Called again, this time told too bad only cash reservations can be booked by IT. Seriously.

Called again, this time told too bad only cash reservations can be booked by IT. Seriously.

That's horrible. Our CM had no issue getting her supervisor and support team to book for us when it wouldn't recognize our DVC reservation made using our resale points (we are also direct members).

That's horrible. Our CM had no issue getting her supervisor and support team to book for us when it wouldn't recognize our DVC reservation made using our resale points (we are also direct members).
It didn't even make sense, she claimed IT would only book me if I was paying cash but since I am using points I just have to keep trying online. So, try three. This is ridiculous.

I wonder if it is because the masses are all trying to book at the same time. I got on at 8:58 and was able to go through and sign up in minutes. Now that everyone is going online to book it is causing the system to fail. I'm no computer expert, but it seems like disney IT can only put together a mediocre system that can handle normal traffic. I'd don't believe it will sell out on the first day, so maybe trying a little later in the day will provide better results.

I've been trying since 9:05 and getting the same message. Well first I got a general error message, now I just get the message saying my number or reservation number aren't right.

It didn't even make sense, she claimed IT would only book me if I was paying cash but since I am using points I just have to keep trying online. So, try three. This is ridiculous.

What an incredibly crappy experience. :(

I think the problem is that there are several reasons the online form could be failing:

1. System is unable to find reservation number.
2. Intermittent failures due to crappy implementation / infrastructure / system overload.
3. Other IT issues.

They know about (1), and they know their support is required to resolve it, so they'll help with that one. They also know about (2), and they know that their help is ultimately *not* required for that, even if it is a crappy experience for the member. So their answer is "just keep trying", because they're already overloaded trying to help the boatload of people in category (1).

The people who are really going to have a frustrating experience are those in category (3). This could be anything, but the relevant point is that whatever the issue is, it's not what's happening in category (2), and it's not going to go away if you just keep trying. The trouble is convincing the CM you speak to that your problem is NOT intermittent, and you really do need tech support. They don't know anything about the technical details of the system, and most of the people calling in won't, either. The CMs have clearly been told not to spend time dealing with the people who don't want to use the online form, or don't know the online form exists, or those who are just having trouble due to system overload, and they don't know how to tell the difference between those people and the ones legitimately in category (3).

If it makes you feel any better, I'm up to nearly two hours on hold (for category 1). At least I can work in the background. I do have a hard stop at 2 pm though, so I sure hope it's resolved before then!

What an incredibly crappy experience. :(

I think the problem is that there are several reasons the online form could be failing:

1. System is unable to find reservation number.
2. Intermittent failures due to crappy implementation / infrastructure / system overload.
3. Other IT issues.

They know about (1), and they know their support is required to resolve it, so they'll help with that one. They also know about (2), and they know that their help is ultimately *not* required for that, even if it is a crappy experience for the member. So their answer is "just keep trying", because they're already overloaded trying to help the boatload of people in category (1).

The people who are really going to have a frustrating experience are those in category (3). This could be anything, but the relevant point is that whatever the issue is, it's not what's happening in category (2), and it's not going to go away if you just keep trying. The trouble is convincing the CM you speak to that your problem is NOT intermittent, and you really do need tech support. They don't know anything about the technical details of the system, and most of the people calling in won't, either. The CMs have clearly been told not to spend time dealing with the people who don't want to use the online form, or don't know the online form exists, or those who are just having trouble due to system overload, and they don't know how to tell the difference between those people and the ones legitimately in category (3).

If it makes you feel any better, I'm up to nearly two hours on hold (for category 1). At least I can work in the background. I do have a hard stop at 2 pm though, so I sure hope it's resolved before then!

Third try the CM said they can't see an issue and are going to put me on hold while they contact their support team, presumably IT. He said it would be 20 minutes or more. My hard stop is 2pm as well and I've been at it since 9am, so hopefully third time is the charm. We're going to eat all the snacks and ride all the rides and stay till close if I ever get us registered for this lol :crazy:

First time I tried after 9:00 I also received error message. I just waited 30 minutes and had no problems booking the event. Sorry to hear that all of you had problems.

Third try the CM said they can't see an issue and are going to put me on hold while they contact their support team, presumably IT. He said it would be 20 minutes or more. My hard stop is 2pm as well and I've been at it since 9am, so hopefully third time is the charm. We're going to eat all the snacks and ride all the rides and stay till close if I ever get us registered for this lol :crazy:

I hope it works out for you this time! I think if they're contacting support, you should be good. For what it's worth, I finished up right at the 2h mark. They said 25 minutes for IT and it was closer to an hour.

I hope it works out for you this time! I think if they're contacting support, you should be good. For what it's worth, I finished up right at the 2h mark. They said 25 minutes for IT and it was closer to an hour.

Just got off the phone. Apparently the reservation number they had on file for me when the CM talked to IT, was not the same one that I and the CM were seeing. I don't know what number they had but they put the right one in and I was able to register myself online without issue.

Just got off the phone. Apparently the reservation number they had on file for me when the CM talked to IT, was not the same one that I and the CM were seeing. I don't know what number they had but they put the right one in and I was able to register myself online without issue.

Sounds like it was at least reasonably quick this time (if you don't count the three hours for the first two calls). Who knows, maybe this whole thing has saved you issues at check-in. Glad you got it sorted out!

Sounds like it was at least reasonably quick this time (if you don't count the three hours for the first two calls). Who knows, maybe this whole thing has saved you issues at check-in. Glad you got it sorted out!
Seriously, so weird. I've only had one DVC reservation, and tried both my cash reservation numbers and got the same error every time. Glad we both got it worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter